• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock rocks!

smash29

imported post

Now this isn't meant to start a "my plastic is better than your plastic" argument but I just had a great experience with the people over at the Glock U.S. HQ in Smyrna GA and had to heap some praise.

I stopped by the HQ to ask about an issue I was having with the recoil spring on my G20 and after being assured that it was working as designed I also happened to mention a concern I had with the magazines that came with my G38. Without missing a beat the Glock rep offered to grab me a new magazine to try and excused himself to go get it.A minute or two later he returned with not one, but two magazines and told me to give them a shot and come on back if the problem wasn't resolved to my satisfaction. Now I realize that 2 free mags is a drop in the bucket to the folks at Glock but in my 7 years in the Atlanta area I've unfortunately come to expect the bare minimum when it comes to customer service so this really shocked me. Now that I think about it I have found an inordinately high number of great people in the gun industry but that still doesn't lessen the impression the actions of the Glock folks have left on me. It's really nice to find a company/business that stands behind it's product with great customer service!

I think I needs to be pickin' me up a new piece of Austrian Tupperware...

Legba

imported post

BTW, my plastic is better than your plastic. ;-p

Couldn't resist. I'm an FN guy, so the Glock vs. XD debate amuses me. That said, I've never had to deal with FN customer service, so I can't compare. Glad to hear about your experience though. I had to talk to about 10 people justto get a replacement safety key from Remington before.

-ljp

JBinMontana

imported post

Glock 20
10MMAVATAR.jpg
ROCKS

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

"Until it blows up in your hand. . ."

Oh, not this crap again. I have fired more full-power (Doubletap/Buffalo Bore/etc.)10mm loads out of my G20 than I can count, and have never seen any signs of excess pressure, nor has my gun "blown up in my hand." Until it does, I'll pass on the heresay and continue to rely on the most reliable brand of handguns I know of FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. If I can't trust my experience, what can I trust?

Flintlock

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
JBinMontana wrote:
Glock 20
10MMAVATAR.jpg
ROCKS
It does indeed.

Until it explodes in your hand:lol:

Didn't a LE department up North have that happen Twice with the 10mm's ?

I am not familiar with any Glock 10's bursting in anyone's hands. I would be interested in reading about it if it did indeed happen.

My experiences with the pistol has been nothing but absolute reliability -also with Double Tap, Buffalo Bore, and Remingtonloads.

n16ht5

imported post

I carry a G20 with double tap... no kabooms so far.. i trust my life with it. I carry FN FiveSeven sometimes too.

JBinMontana

imported post

With over 4 million Glocks on duty around the world, and countless others in private hands, there are bound to be problems with some. Your beating a dead horse with the KB issue, I personally have never experienced a KB with the many many Glocks that I have owned and shot.

I have also seen pictures of Rugers, S&W's, Colts, Sigs and other countless cloned 1911's that have KB'd due to reloaded ammo and or bad factory ammo. I have personally held more blown up revolvers due to factory ammo problems and or over loaded reloads because they wanted to push the limits on feet per second.

beat-dead-horse.gif

Glock 20
10MMAVATAR.jpg
ROCKS

Dustin

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
I am not familiar with any Glock 10's bursting in anyone's hands. I would be interested in reading about it if it did indeed happen.

My experiences with the pistol has been nothing but absolute reliability -also with Double Tap, Buffalo Bore, and Remingtonloads.

It's just a joke guys. However it was the Glock 37

Haven Police Ditch Glocks After Two Explode http://www.theledger.com/article/20080313/NEWS/803130481

JBinMontana

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Flintlock wrote:

Haven Police Ditch Glocks After Two Explode http://www.theledger.com/article/20080313/NEWS/803130481
LOL :celebrate
cheers.gif

Flintlock

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Flintlock wrote:

Well, I predict that the .45 GAP cartridgewill die off sooner or lateranyway.

esstac

imported post

I have a Glock 19, 17x2 and 21 and in the market for a 20

My 21 had a KB, It was due to Bad factory ammunition and the unsupported chamber. It blew down into the magazine and destroyed the frame. All damaged parts were replace by Glock and I still carry it on a daily basis, although I do want an aftermarket barrel to eliminate the unsupported nature of it, witch i believe is the main issues to all the KBs out there in the .40 and .45 glocks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/esstac/100_0375.jpg

It looks pretty raunchy, its also due to the long story of the pistol after it KBed on me. Short of it, the 21 was stolen, recovered 1 year later, it had been epoxied and ductaped together and somehow the slide stop spring was put in backwards turning it into a single shot, after another 1.5 years of it in the hands of the PD as evidence it was returned to me, with the magazine epoxied/taped into the gun. Returned to Glcok and all parts but the barrel and slide replaced.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

esstac wrote:
My 21 had a KB, It was due to Bad factory ammunition and the unsupported chamber. It blew down into the magazine and destroyed the frame. All damaged parts were replace by Glock and I still carry it on a daily basis. . .
Out of curiosity, were you injured significantly (beyond a powder burn, etc) when the G21 popped it's top?

esstac

imported post

A fat lip, and some small piece of plastic in my hand. Most of the pressure was directed downward into the magazine and the top 2 rounds were pretty gauged. It did fire off the round and eject the shell, with a huge buldge/opening in the web of the case where there is no support on the chamber/feedramp.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

esstac wrote:
A fat lip, and some small piece of plastic in my hand. Most of the pressure was directed downward into the magazine and the top 2 rounds were pretty gauged. It did fire off the round and eject the shell, with a huge buldge/opening in the web of the case where there is no support on the chamber/feedramp.

Sounds as if the GLOCK design did what it was supposed to do when catastrophically failing under the pressure of some foul ammo, and that is, to blow down and into the magazine, absorbing the majority of the explosion and saving your hand. Sounds as if it was a double-charged load and/or the barrel was partially obstructed.

The unsupported chamber almost acts as a safety feature in that it directs the pressure downward and into the magazine, whereas if a fully-supported chambered barrel was to have such a failure, it would blow up directly backwards (towards the breech which is towards the shooter).

As a general side-note: If an unsupported chamber "CAUSED" guns to KB, they would do it the very first time the gun was fired (which is at the factory, prior to shipment), not randomly, thousands of rounds into its service life.