• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GET YOUR PERMITS

Jared

imported post

Deuce1911 wrote:
if you dont have a ccp yet better get one before obama makes it illegal and craps all over our 2nd amendment.

Ummm....ok

What is to stop Obama from making your current licenses invalid??? Nothing is.

This is what the U.K. (not N. Ireland) did in 1997. When people had FAC's( Firearm Acquisition Certificates) that covered weapons or firearms that suddenly became illegal, they used the mechanism of needing a waiver from the Secretary of State for all firearms under 24 inches, "large capacity", and owning/carrying any weapon for defense. Almost no one was able to get a waiver from the SOS; therefore, their FAC's became null and void and had to surrender their weapons.

So even if Obama was trying to nullify carry licenses, which he won't do because he will learn that the legislature will not go along with it, having your license already won't do anything.

BobbyGun71

imported post

They did the same thing In Massachusetts back in 1998, its called Chapter 180, they changed the law on FID cards that were for life and then expire one year from their birthday after the 98 law passed and made them go threw a very extreme license procedure and now the cost went from $12 for a life FID card to a $100 for a 4 year FID card, Lots of people got charged with possession of a firearm with an Invalid License and we lost eight hundren thousand gun ownwers if not more because of this useless law, It is a mess here in this Barny Frank state even from this day. I wont give up the fight.

bradco

imported post

BobbyGun71 wrote:
They did the same thing In Massachusetts back in 1998, its called Chapter 180, they changed the law on FID cards that were for life and then expire one year from their birthday after the 98 law passed and made them go threw a very extreme license procedure and now the cost went from $12 for a life FID card to a $100 for a 4 year FID card, Lots of people got charged with possession of a firearm with an Invalid License and we lost eight hundren thousand gun ownwers if not more because of this useless law, It is a mess here in this Barny Frank state even from this day. I wont give up the fight.
I noticed you are in Lowell is it hard to get a non resident License there, my wife has 3 cousins that are Police there, one has been on force for 24 years, would he be able help me I have current CT resident , New Hampshire and Pennsyvania non resident permits