• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Georgia Police Shoot Unarmed Teen As He Answers Their Knock At Door

PistolPackingMomma

Yup. Paid administrative leave. Thank god cops aren't part of an elite circle or anything. /s

As to the rest of the article; commenting strictly on the cold, hard facts...WHATTHEFCUK.

DocWalker

Wow the taxpayers are going to be paying for this settlement for a long long time. According to the article they new this officer was mentally unstable but still armed her and sent her out to kill. Sounds to me like the whole department to include the mayor needs to go for this cluster.......

sudden valley gunner

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Keep in mind that, these days, grand juries are considered by basically everybody in the "justice system" to be little more than tools of the prosecutor.

Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, if the CA wants a true bill, he'll get one. If a grand jury returns a no bill, it's because the CA wanted them to.

OC for ME

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Honestly, I'm completely unsurprised. I'm pissed off, which is nothing new, but unsurprised.

I'm just not the type to meekly accept the control of our overlords . . .

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The light that shines the brightest is that which is directed at the darkest place.
..........................................................................................Grapeshot, 2014

sudden valley gunner

Sounds to me like another instance of the prosecutor being involved in too much with the grand jury. They shouldn't be as a safety net against the government.

Haven't said it in a while but another case where the prosecutors and cops live like symbiotic parasites off the public and will protect each other from the public when they can.

Has Georgia also erased private prosecution?

OC for ME

First GJ did not do their job...sooo, we'll sit another GJ with more pliable "jurors."

The civil suit is next to unwinnable at this juncture.

JoeSparky

Centurion
First GJ did not do their job...sooo, we'll sit another GJ with more pliable "jurors."

Disagree, based on this:

Criminal prosecution requires guilt be determined by a much higher standard of guilt/responsibility than the simple preponderance of evidence needed in Civil prosecutions!

sudden valley gunner

Yep the petty tyrants will keep trying to get the desired results that protect their fellow parasites.

I agree with Joe though, they have a chance of winning a civil suit. The insurance will pay it, justice won't be done though since the officer isn't compensating for her actions.

OC for ME

If the first GJ said, nope, bad shoot, then they had evidence that indicated that there was no gun. All the prosecutor had to do is pick some charges and go, even cheesy ones to prevent a felony trial. Nope, "Gets me a different GJ...now!!"

The second GJ says, nope, not enough to charge. "That's better..."

The second GJ will rule the day in a civil proceeding. The first GJ never happened at this point.

This is not about Gatny, it is about the town, EPD, and money. Gatny is nothing but the incidental beneficiary of the town/EPD saving its own butt. Remember, Gatny has a great deal of baggage that would call into question EPDs hiring process, which calls into question the towns management philosophy of EPD.

There is a stench down in GA...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The light that shines the brightest is that which is directed at the darkest place.
..........................................................................................Grapeshot, 2014

Somewhat OT, but I'd expect a person who understands this to seek out those doors upon whioch can barely be seent he wrods "abandon all hope ye who enter here" and take some in.

Shining a light into darkness isn't much different from inserting hope where it has been lost.