• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friends of the NRA Treasure Valley Annual Fundraiser for the NRA Foundation! MARCH 9, Caldwell!

IdahoBangBang

Friends of the NRA Treasure Valley 26th Annual Fundraiser on the behalf of the NRA Foundation!

CELEBRATE A LEGACY OF SHOOTING SPORTS TRADITIONS
Join other champions of the Second Amendment for dinner, raffles, auctions and fun with a
chance to win exclusive NRA guns, gear, decor, and collectibles!

NONPROFIT - NON-POLITICAL - NO MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED

EARLY BIRD ticketing ends February 25th!

March 9, 2019 - 5pm
O'Connor Field House
2207 Blaine Street - Caldwell, Idaho

More information: https://eventtracker.friendsofnra.org/EventDocs/55835_ID-122019EventFlyer-Final.pdf

IdahoBangBang

But, is the NRA going to repent in regards to the bump-stock and red flag laws at this banquet?

Don't I wish!! Someone once explained to me though, that these large 'lobbying' organizations are all the same. If they fixed all the issues that they claim to stand for, then there would be no reason for them to exist, and then all those high-paid leadership positions in the organization would go away ... and then all the issues that we want them to protect us from come raging back. That perspective explains a lot - and why issues are sometimes allowed to exist. The flip side of the coin is that they are the most powerful and well funded organization that works to protect our rights ... but it's going to be done imperfectly, as explained. I see it as a kind of love hate relationship, more love than hate I guess. As an individual, however, I believe in always standing for what's right ... I provide plenty of feedback, as a life member, directly to the organization and to all my representatives - state and fed. And I never miss a vote. What else can I do?

Brian

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Don't I wish!! Someone once explained to me though, that these large 'lobbying' organizations are all the same. If they fixed all the issues that they claim to stand for, then there would be no reason for them to exist, and then all those high-paid leadership positions in the organization would go away ... and then all the issues that we want them to protect us from come raging back. That perspective explains a lot - and why issues are sometimes allowed to exist. The flip side of the coin is that they are the most powerful and well funded organization that works to protect our rights ... but it's going to be done imperfectly, as explained. I see it as a kind of love hate relationship, more love than hate I guess. As an individual, however, I believe in always standing for what's right ... I provide plenty of feedback, as a life member, directly to the organization and to all my representatives - state and fed. And I never miss a vote. What else can I do?

Brian
Well, I'm sure you have armed yourself heavily for the day of reckoning, and hoping it never comes.

IdahoBangBang

Well, I'm sure you have armed yourself heavily for the day of reckoning, and hoping it never comes.

I'm not one of those 'end of the world as you know it' prepper types if that's what you're asking! If some type of catastrophe happens that risks starving out masses of humanity around me, I'll likely die with the rest of them, LOL. I've got no place to go and live in the middle of suburbia, and I don't harbor false dreams about fighting off the masses with a hoard of hidden ammo ... haha. But I really don't care ... I didn't intend on lasting forever on this planet anyway :) . I'm just hoping that when it comes, it'll be a Zombie Invasion ... at least I'll get a little entertainment out of it :)

bd