• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FINAL DECISION ON GOLDBERG CASE?

NickNt

imported post

Did the final decision on the Goldberg case come out yet? What was the outcome?

Edward Peruta

imported post

Still waiting for the desision from the Second Circuit Court of Appeals on his case against the State.

His case against Glastonbury is still in the discovery stage with Chief Thomas Sweeny and possibly others to be deposed under oath.

Any new events will definately be posted.

Edward Peruta

imported post

UPDATE,

For those that question whether or not the NRA helps individuals with valid legal claims, I would like to state that the National Rifle Association Civil Defense fund has approved a contribution to the legal fees and expenses in the Goldberg and Kuck cases that are currently awaiting a decision from the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.

The case was heard by a three judge panel at the Second Circuit Court on September 17, 2009 and the audio of the hearing is available on the Internet.

Personally I would like to thank the NRA for their support in these very important Connecticut cases.

With the upcoming Supreme Court cases out of Chicago, every case which raises valid firearm issues is important to current and future Second Amendment issue.

If the Supreme Court rules that the Second Amendment applies to the states, cases on specific firearm issues beyond simple possession with have significant value to the overall right to bear arms in self defense.

Nocase where core firearms issues are being addressed should be overlooked,ignored or minimized becausethe day to day possession of firearms at home or on our hips needs to be established legally to prevent abuse by Government.