• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Everett Police offering gift cards for firearms

mnrobitaille

Copied from the Everett Police Department Facebook:

EVERETT POLICE DEPARTMENT WILL BE HOSTING ITS FIRST GUNS FOR GIFT CARDS EXCHANGE EVENT ON DECEMBER 17, 2022

EVERETT, WA –The Everett Police Department will host its first Guns for Gift Cards exchange on Saturday, Dec. 17, 2022 at the Everett Police South Precinct located at 1121 SE Everett Mall Way, Everett, WA. Residents of Everett and Snohomish County will be able to submit eligible firearms in exchange for pre-paid VISA gift cards. This event will take place from 10 a.m.-noon for Everett residents only and noon-2 p.m. for all Snohomish County residents.

Community members attending the event must leave all firearms unloaded, with the safety on and secured in the trunk, or in a locked area of a truck bed (in a canopy, toolbox, tonneau cover, etc.). Officers at the event will open the trunk or locked area with the owner’s permission and remove the firearms.

Participants must provide proof of residency in Everett or Snohomish County to be eligible to receive a gift card in exchange for a firearm. This could be a government-issued ID, a utility bill, a vehicle registration, or other form of proof of residency deemed acceptable at the discretion of the onsite staff. Officers will not be recording your name or otherwise conducting any records checks. Additionally, U.S. citizenship is not required to participate in this event.

The Guns for Gift Cards exchange is part of EPD's efforts to reduce gun violence by removing unwanted firearms from our community.

For additional information and the full rules and regulations, please visit:

If you have any questions about the event, please email gunsforgiftcards@everettwa.gov.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I remember when seattle did that, years ago. We drove down there and stood on streetcorners, like a bunch of hookers, waiving cash. I took home a half dozen firearms to include a WWI german battle rifle to a 30-30 Winchester lever made in 1949. Total cash output was US$275. A grand day.

Boomboy007

I remember when seattle did that, years ago. We drove down there and stood on streetcorners, like a bunch of hookers, waiving cash. I took home a half dozen firearms to include a WWI german battle rifle to a 30-30 Winchester lever made in 1949. Total cash output was US$275. A grand day.
I remember drooling at your haul. I belive that Sudden Valley Gunner did pretty well, too.