• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EVENT - Oct. 29 - Pro HB203 Rally and Testimony

Chuck!

One individual at the rally today commented several times that he thought we were meeting in the morning.

I am only relating the fact about the person who said, several times, that he thought we were meeting in the morning. *I* said no such thing.

Maybe you were not listening carefully when I relayed those several comments to you on the way to Subway, and maybe you mistakenly thought *I* was making those comments.

I did not mention at the time that it was the guy in the wheelchair. Once you dragged him into this online conversation, then I mentioned that it was he that said to me a few times that he thought we were meeting in the morning.

I have the same audio.

So post it,
Post audio that backs up any of that,,,,

eye95

I don't need to prove a thing. You posted the audio. It proves that you lied.

I am perfectly happy that you are foolish enough to keep bumping this thread up. I hope folks listen to the audio and then reread the thread. This is good.

Keep it going.

JJLann72485

Let me set the record straight as there seems to be a lot of misinformation going around about what I said. I made a comment to Carolyn and maybe a few more times about my certain situation. When I scheduled transportation for the event, I did not realize that there were other things on the agenda for the day with the commitee. I thought the 203 hearings were going to be in the morning and planned my ride as such - I was disappointed that the other 2 bills took up the entire morning and I missed the hearing. I in no way badmouthed anyone at the group, nor did I talk bad about the event. I will never talk ill of those exercising their rights as long as they remain respectful and conduct themselves in a proper manner. I fundamentally believe in our founding documents not as laws, but as universal truths. The difference between the two is laws can change, universal truths are absolute. Again, I did not nor would I ever talk negative about 2nd Amendment supporters and activists as long as they are respectful. Defending the universal truths of which this country was founded on is the foundation for me going to law school next fall.

eye95

No one said you badmouthed anyone nor the event. You are not at the least at fault for what is going on here.

I simply related the fact, to a certain other poster, that you said to me, more than once, that you thought we were meeting in the morning. That is all. That other poster is trying to take the fact that I related that and blow it all out of proportion.

Stryker74

Exactly why I stop by this forum about once every 7-10 days - all the drama, bickering, and in-fighting.

At the risk of being chastised, it seems to be in fashion on the Ohio forum of OCDO, I will make this statement. Take the energy used up to call people out, and doing something productive for the cause. Believe it or not, (and I say this because I know a few of the regulars personally), we are all on the same side - so why is there so much time spent to tear each other down?

I am not calling anyone out by name - purposely. I would like to think that we are all adults here, and anyone who can't admit that they have been a party to destructive or divisive behavior - well, they probably will just continue in their ways.

As I tell my 14 year old son often - anyone can know they are wrong, but it takes a man to admit that he was wrong. You can't always be right, but be honest when you find yourself to be wrong.

Even if no one can admit they are wrong, at least move on to something more productive. :banghead: I personally don't care who is right or wrong - I am just here to support the cause.

(And before I am called out for being a newbie - I admit I am a newer person on OCDO. Doesn't mean I haven't walked the statehouse lawn with my 1911, given my weekends to work guns shows and spread the word, or gotten active against groups that wish to infringe on our rights. Learn who *I* am before you decide to beat me down - you just might find out I am a brother.)

Carolyn RW

HB 203 October 29th

Hi there! I am a newbie here and WOW! What a sight for a newbie!

I was one of the organizers of the rally/event and heres my take on the day.

I had a great time. I met some great people. And yes, we carried on the Statehouse grounds! Thanks to one brave soul :)

We did set the rally time for 11-2. We planned the rally for 11-2pm. We had no idea what time the hearings were going to take place. We found out the day before (I think) that they were going to hear HB 203 along with other bills at 10am. We thought that is how it would take place then we would all head on out to the rally. I made sure to give my number to everyone that was committed to attending on our Facebook event page and I kept that page updated throughout the event. Needless to say, they did NOT hear HB 203 until 230 after a two hour recess. At 1230 we headed outside with our firearms and walked up and down High St. LOTS of honks and signs of support.

We went back in at 230, some of us attended a press conference held by the man that sponsored the bill then hit the hearing! We had LOTS of good testimony. I did not testify, I did however give them a written testimony. I am a little green yet!

Have a good day fellas......Lets get along for the cause. We have too much of a battle ahead of us already without turning on each other.

eye95

Well done, Carolyn. Welcome to OCDO.

If you're involved in the future planning of events, may I ask you to post details here also, or message me on Twitter? Any events/rallies/meetups/etc. where folks will be carrying that I hear about will be put on the eye95 Twitter feed. Folks subscribing to the feed will get notifications of all such events I learn about. The goal is to make the feed a single point clearinghouse of such events planned on facebook, OFCC, BFC, OCDO, and other organizations, as well as events planned by indies.

That is all the feed is used for. So any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>