• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Kentucky Open Carry Meet & Greet - July 14th 2012

neuroblades

OK, this time I'm getting this out there early so that everyone will have time to sync up and be prepared for it. *LOL*

Our next EKOC meeting will be at Golden Corral on July 14th at 12 noon. As soon as the other place that Rob had suggested is ready well set a meeting there and check it out. If anyone has any news to bring to the attention of others, please gather it and we shall discuss it then.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, please write this in your calendars. :)

Last edited:

neuroblades

Well, after the disasterous attempt to have an EKOC M&G a bit closer to home for those that wanted one held closer, I'm still holding out hope that our original Ashland group will still be there. *LOL* Looking forward to seeing everyone for this July 14th upcoming meeting at Golden Corral, at 12 noon.

Hopefully we'll have an update on the Lawrence County situation.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I am back in town so I will be there Saturday. I just hope we get people to show. I will say I am awfully proud to see how many new-comers we have to the KY sub-forum lately. I don't know how everyone else feels, but when I see so many people standing up and exercising the rights that our brothers and sisters before us fought so strenuously to maintain and enhance it makes me very proud to be a part of America and a citizen of the great state of Kentucky. All new members are certainly welcome to come regardless of whether you have a gun to carry, where your from, etc. As long as you love and respect our constitutional rights I know you will fit right in. Thank you to everyone here that exercises your rights! They are ours, and they are there to use! Hope to see some new faces at this weekends gathering!

neuroblades

Gentlemen, I write sorrow that I will not be able to make it out for this meeting, it'll be hte first and hopefully the last one I have to miss though. Something has arisen that requires my attention in Lexington today and I have to take care of it. I do look forwar to hearing wha tall you guys discuss today though, please post anything of importance. Once again, I'm sorry that I won't be able to make it. :-(

Our next meeting will be on August 18th.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Me too. Have to watch the kids, and it would be a hand full to bring a 1yr. old and 4yr. old to Goldern Corral by myself. Thought I'd make this one since I am home but I can't.

neuroblades

I'm sorry to one and all that I got pulled away but as I said, something came up late last night and I thought I could resolve it locally but it ended up requiring me to actuall attend to it. Thought the details aren't important, this trip I had to embark on did allow me the chance to check out a popular area as per posts here on the forum. I ended up in Florence, Kentucky & in the Florence Mall towards the latter half of my lenghty journey's today. It has been written about more than a few times that individuals have had issues in and around the Florence Mall while in OC.

Well, I dared to breach Florence Mall while in OC and while I did encounter more than a few "Mall Cops", I did not encounter any resistance from any of them, maybe a few bitter stares but absolutely no encounters from any of them. We ventured from top to bottom, side to side and end to end.