• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't think 2A is necessary? Think again

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood praised the efforts of licensed gun owner who came to the aid of a police officer who was surrounded by 40 or so kids on Friday.
Open Carry is legal except a valid permit/license is needed to carry a loaded handgun openly in the city of Philadelphia.

So the cops were lucky that a licensed gun owner was near by. It would have been a shame if many neighbors had guns at home, but no license to carry in Philly.

Gee officer I would have come to your defense, but if I had I would have been charged with openly carrying a firearm without a license. It's a shame you got the you know what kicked out of you, but tell it your city counsel.

Last edited:

DeSchaine

The real BS of the situation is that cops these days are so strung up by rules and regs and lying civilian idiots that the good ones can't even really protect themselves without fear of getting blasted with "excessive force" complaints. This situation certainly called for repeated application of an Asp or Monadnock PR-24.

A great example of why average people need to be able to carry. Good find, Law. I'm guessing cookies and such every Christmas for the good guy from the cops' family.

Law abider

The real BS of the situation is that cops these days are so strung up by rules and regs and lying civilian idiots that the good ones can't even really protect themselves without fear of getting blasted with "excessive force" complaints. This situation certainly called for repeated application of an Asp or Monadnock PR-24.

A great example of why average people need to be able to carry. Good find, Law. I'm guessing cookies and such every Christmas for the good guy from the cops' family.

+1