• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discharged my weapon into two would-be armed muggers. THIS is why we carry........

PonderingMarmoset

Well, I WAS going to give you the long version as to how I myself had to shoot two young gentlemen who approached me one night and put a gun to my head in an attempt to rob me, but as it turns out, you can't post anything over 1k characters, and the story and it's worthwhile details would require more space than that. I guess I can boil it down to: I had my .380 in my pocket, when they approached and pointed a gun at me, I pulled it out and shot both of them point blank, one in the chest (3 rounds) the other in the gut (3rounds) and I guess i missed the other two shots (gun brand unimportant). Let me say this above all else, as one who's done this as a civillian in self defense: When the time comes, it's going to be a LOT easier than you think to pull that trigger, and there's nothing that says it's ever going to bother you. You will do what you have to do. YOU will go home safe and sound to your family. Let the guys who tried to kill you be the ones who end up on the t shirt. They somehow ran and were caught immediately, one of them was in surgery by the time the evidence techs showed up to work the scene. Both of them lived. Nothing happened to me at all. The cops literally thanked me and called me a hero. They were quite pleased with how it played out. "That's what guns are for." one of them said. Then I went back to my normal life, just like that. I dodged the press for two days, but they didn't put my identity in the media, and I didn't make any statements. Just saying, it may really come to it one day that you have to use what you carry.

solus

Well, I WAS going to give you the long version as to how I myself had to shoot two young gentlemen who approached me one night and put a gun to my head in an attempt to rob me, but as it turns out, you can't post anything over 1k characters, and the story and it's worthwhile details would require more space than that. I guess I can boil it down to: I had my .380 in my pocket, when they approached and pointed a gun at me, I pulled it out and shot both of them point blank, one in the chest (3 rounds) the other in the gut (3rounds) and I guess i missed the other two shots (gun brand unimportant). Let me say this above all else, as one who's done this as a civillian in self defense: When the time comes, it's going to be a LOT easier than you think to pull that trigger, and there's nothing that says it's ever going to bother you. You will do what you have to do. YOU will go home safe and sound to your family. Let the guys who tried to kill you be the ones who end up on the t shirt. They somehow ran and were caught immediately, one of them was in surgery by the time the evidence techs showed up to work the scene. Both of them lived. Nothing happened to me at all. The cops literally thanked me and called me a hero. They were quite pleased with how it played out. "That's what guns are for." one of them said. Then I went back to my normal life, just like that. I dodged the press for two days, but they didn't put my identity in the media, and I didn't make any statements. Just saying, it may really come to it one day that you have to use what you carry.
let's review a moment in this thread you stated, quote:

"...had to shoot two young gentlemen who approached me one night..." unquote.

yet in another thread you unequivocally state, quote:

"... I had to shoot three hoodie-clad "youths" who one night approached me..." unquote

one would perceive if you had in fact shot anybody, you would be quite exact on the number of individuals shot.

further, in both of your stated scenarios, you apparently disregarded SA altogether and allowed the alleged perps up close, uh, oh yes, "...shot them point blank..." "...one in the chest (3 rounds) the other in the gut (3rounds)..."

I believe the Bard stated, "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark" er Texas and haven't stated a thing since Sept 2019...huh!

PonderingMarmoset

1. I changed all of one pertinent detail in one of the versions to protect my privacy and make the story, in fact, hard to look up. It's not always smart to go putting your name out all over the damn place after you've done such a thing. The city live in isn't all that big, MORON. Does that work for you? Or did you miss the part on the recounting where I said I didn't want to go public and ignored the media? Hence why I also didn't write this right after it happened but some time afterwards. I'm going out of my way to personally put one over on you, so get over yourself. There ae probably many people here who have such stories but who, because of JOs like you, don't tell them.

2. I think I mentioned in another post as well that while SA was very important, you couldn't look with your flashlight into every dark crevice and corner. If you could, you'd pull into your driveway and sleep the rest of the night in your car with the bulletproof windows rolled up. As best as I can figure, they were behind something I'd already pointed my flashlight at, but as I don't have an Xray flashlight, I couldn'ts see through the object around which they were hiding. That work for you?

3. Since none of you were there, maybe should STFU. Let's see.....I get approached abruptly by three assailants, one of whom has a gun to my head and is standing so close that he's up against my arm. (I feel safe in saying the other 2 -or was it 3?-were also armed). I end up outdrawing and shooting both (or was it three) of them in darkness, under duress, one of them while laying on my back after falling over (never having previously fired a shot from the ground before), and I only missed one of the total shots fired. And the guy who had the gun on me absolutely was going to shoot me. He was a total piece of shit, I found out later, with a record of felony assaults, robbery, drug posessional grand theft auto, fighting with cops, etc. Oh, and I also took my back cover into account even in the split second I had to react to all this. You woulda been dead by the time you even reached for your piece. Shooting someone who has a gun pointed at you from a distance of as little as a few feet is one thing, since even if they pulled the trigger, they could still miss. To fire under such conditions, yes, does make you a badass. But to shoot from under inch away, where if they pulled that trigger, you;d be absolutely NOT missed, and with that POS still pointing it at you when you actually shoot them....? And having the balls to just accept that if they death-gripped that gun, you're 100% dead, essentially playing Russian roulette....? And then to give his buddie(s) the treatment as well and go home and hav ea great nights' sleep? Well that would make you ME, wimp. (Back cover was a bunch of brick buildings with no windows facing my direction.)

solus

sorry, your credibility(ies) from the dance to regain your reputation are suffering horrifically, especially coupled with your great choice of using playground name callings...unbelievable!

guess daddy was correct...it is better to keep you BMouth shut instead of rambling on convincing everybody of why you are found wanting...

tho...the rhetoric...
"...approached abruptly by three assailants, one of whom has a gun to my head..."

"... the other 2 -or was it 3?..."

"...while laying on my back after falling over..."

was truly outstanding precious...

glad your privacy was kept after you posted on this very public forum...

1. I changed all of one pertinent detail in one of the versions to protect my privacy and make the story, in fact, hard to look up. It's not always smart to go putting your name out all over the damn place after you've done such a thing. The city live in isn't all that big, MORON. Does that work for you? Or did you miss the part on the recounting where I said I didn't want to go public and ignored the media? Hence why I also didn't write this right after it happened but some time afterwards. I'm going out of my way to personally put one over on you, so get over yourself. There ae probably many people here who have such stories but who, because of JOs like you, don't tell them.

2. I think I mentioned in another post as well that while SA was very important, you couldn't look with your flashlight into every dark crevice and corner. If you could, you'd pull into your driveway and sleep the rest of the night in your car with the bulletproof windows rolled up. As best as I can figure, they were behind something I'd already pointed my flashlight at, but as I don't have an Xray flashlight, I couldn'ts see through the object around which they were hiding. That work for you?

3. Since none of you were there, maybe should STFU. Let's see.....I get approached abruptly by three assailants, one of whom has a gun to my head and is standing so close that he's up against my arm. (I feel safe in saying the other 2 -or was it 3?-were also armed). I end up outdrawing and shooting both (or was it three) of them in darkness, under duress, one of them while laying on my back after falling over (never having previously fired a shot from the ground before), and I only missed one of the total shots fired. And the guy who had the gun on me absolutely was going to shoot me. He was a total piece of shit, I found out later, with a record of felony assaults, robbery, drug posessional grand theft auto, fighting with cops, etc. Oh, and I also took my back cover into account even in the split second I had to react to all this. You woulda been dead by the time you even reached for your piece. Shooting someone who has a gun pointed at you from a distance of as little as a few feet is one thing, since even if they pulled the trigger, they could still miss. To fire under such conditions, yes, does make you a badass. But to shoot from under inch away, where if they pulled that trigger, you;d be absolutely NOT missed, and with that POS still pointing it at you when you actually shoot them....? And having the balls to just accept that if they death-gripped that gun, you're 100% dead, essentially playing Russian roulette....? And then to give his buddie(s) the treatment as well and go home and hav ea great nights' sleep? Well that would make you ME, wimp. (Back cover was a bunch of brick buildings with no windows facing my direction.)

PonderingMarmoset

Your opinion means little to noth....aw, I was just kidding, actually it doesn't mean anything to me. Theres' a difference between thinking you're a badass just because you carry, and actually being one because you had the balls to use it when you had to. You are the former, and you will never be the latter, cupcake.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Your opinion means little to noth....aw, I was just kidding, actually it doesn't mean anything to me. Theres' a difference between thinking you're a badass just because you carry, and actually being one because you had the balls to use it when you had to. You are the former, and you will never be the latter, cupcake.
You are the one lacking credibility and your post proves it.

solus

And yet, you felt the need to go public on this forum about a situation - you wanted to keep private - just to boost your ego by bragging bout your lack of SA where the 2 or was it 3, nawl may of been 2, perps got close though to point something at your head before you knew they were upon you. But being on the ground you fired - at "point blank range" [from the ground mind you] and you 'shooting both or was it three...'

and your rambling and disjointed retort when inconsistencies were pointed out was exemplary, especially the elementary name calling, as was the name calling commentary in your last post was superbly done, all of which sank your reputation and credibility even lower.

naked city, nawl, CoL, more on the scale of Dragnet...just the facts...please

FBrinson

I've been gone from this forum for several years and the first thing I happened to read was this thread. When did fantasy posts become a thing?