• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC files a notice of appeal

swinokur

Activist Member
it amazes me how willfully ignorant people are. To take 'shall not be infringed' and not only require a permit but have it 'May Issue'? How can anyone defend a thing like that? Which word in the 2A is beyond the comprehension of even a 12 year old, never mind grown men and women? :banghead:

gun grabbers hate the Constitution. It interferes with their utopia of Govt. control over every aspect of your life.

rightwinglibertarian

gun grabbers hate the Constitution. It interferes with their utopia of Govt. control over every aspect of your life.

Of course. That's half the point. Actually thats THE point. Limit the government and maximise liberty. Just a shame the infringements have been allowed to go this far. Now it will be very difficult to get things reverted to where they should be

California Right To Carry

Update by Charles Nichols, President of California Right To Carry – August 27, 2015 – The following documents were filed in the appeal today: Appellant Opening Brief, Joint Appendix, and Separate Statutory Addendum. Please note that these are large files and I have had reports in the past of people being unable to view them from their portable devices. The only thing I can suggest is that you download the documents to your desktop and then open then with a stand alone pdf viewer.

Also, we have the NRA and “DC Appleseed Center” following Everytown for Gun Safety in seeking to become an Amicus in the appeal.

The documents are available to download here (free) -> http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?page_id=2619

davidmcbeth

Banned
One more link won't hurt

If anyone actually understands this mumbo jumbo good for them. I prefer to keep it a lot simpler

Thanks for the links guys. ROFL with these types of cases. My mother already told me I was special. Good enough for me ? LOL

Look, we have right to OC ... its a right and unlike the viewpoint of some gov't officials is not able to be regulated.

"You have a right to do this or that ... but just in the manner that we dictate is acceptable." That's not a right then.

Am I right?

Oh my, talking about scrutiny? Where is that in our constitution -- more made up gibberish by the judicial branch that I have seen legislative branches start to eat up like candy too.

rightwinglibertarian

Thanks for the links guys. ROFL with these types of cases. My mother already told me I was special. Good enough for me ? LOL

Look, we have right to OC ... its a right and unlike the viewpoint of some gov't officials is not able to be regulated.

"You have a right to do this or that ... but just in the manner that we dictate is acceptable." That's not a right then.

Am I right?

Oh my, talking about scrutiny? Where is that in our constitution -- more made up gibberish by the judicial branch that I have seen legislative branches start to eat up like candy too.

Well at least nobody made mention of the horrendous website :p Best I can do as i'm a one man band, not having thousands of dollars and a professional team. But I have no issue with calling out the absurd, foolish, illegal and stupid. But unlike the mainstream media I don't butter people up with a pack of lies like MSNBC, CNN etc

swinokur

Activist Member
After listening to the orals. I don't feel very good about this case. I think the judges agreed with DC that Judge Scullin was improperly assigned this case. I think they will remand the case back to the District Court for a rehearing. we'll see.

Anything that allows DC to continue to play games is a victory for them IMO.

sad.

Last edited:

swinokur

Activist Member
I don't see how unless the current case before the DC Court of Appeals gets to SCOTUS where it could be included in briefs. Other than that I don't see how, but IANAL.