• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Data backs up 'driving while black' concept ~ while story line is NC centric possibly germane to other parts of this nation!

solus

OC for ME said:
"Other than the last two, digital age and whatever the WASP culture is, the government (at all levels) is the culprit or savior."

Snipp...

Using your wiki cite, let’s look at the term, coined in the last 60+ years, in a proper concept shall we...
Quote...
Historically, "Anglo-Saxon" referred to the language of indigenous inhabitants of England before 1066, especially in contrast to Norman French influence after that. Since the 19th century it has been in common use in the English-speaking world, but not in Britain itself (in this context), to refer to Protestants of principally English descent. The "W" and "P" were added in the 1950s to form a humorous epithet with an undertone of "waspishness" or likely to make sharp, slightly cruel remarks.

The first published mention of the term "WASP" was provided by political scientist Andrew Hacker in 1957, referring to the class of Americans that held "national power in its economic, political, and social aspects"; here the "W" stands for "wealthy" rather than "white"...

According to a study of the biographies of signers of the Declaration of Independence by Caroline Robbins:

The Signers came for the most part from an educated elite, were residents of older settlements, and belonged with a few exceptions to a moderately well-to-do class representing only a fraction of the population. Native or born overseas, they were of British stock and of the Protestant faith. Unquote.

Interestingly, the article goes on to discuss, in high level detail, presidential politics over the last 60 years..

2a4all

Solus said: "Using your wiki cite, let’s look at the term, coined in the last 60+ years, in a proper concept shall we... "
I referenced this article because OC for ME wasn't familiar with the term WASP, and thought that others might like to read it for their own interest. Having grown up in Massachusetts with an Irish-American heritage, I'm very familiar with that segment of society, and it's impact on society in general. I remember employment applications requiring one's religion, and employers with policies of not hiring Catholics.
So yeah, let's examine the concept in a proper context...

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Solus said: "Using your wiki cite, let’s look at the term, coined in the last 60+ years, in a proper concept shall we... "
I referenced this article because OC for ME wasn't familiar with the term WASP, and thought that others might like to read it for their own interest. Having grown up in Massachusetts with an Irish-American heritage, I'm very familiar with that segment of society, and it's impact on society in general. I remember employment applications requiring one's religion, and employers with policies of not hiring Catholics.
So yeah, let's examine the concept in a proper context...
Back in the 60s I was fired because I was not catholic. Young people who did not live through the sixties have no idea what racism and prejudices really are. They have no idea that black versus white drinking fountains existed; the fight over JFK being catholic and the pope controlling the White-house. JFK's assassination ushered in 1968 gun control act.

In a round about way these young people are trying to drag us back to that era.

Deanimator

Well if you never been a LEO I would not expect you to understand what experience [policing in area.
Well if you've never been Black or Hispanic I would not expect you to understand what it's like for a Black or Hispanic person to have to deal involuntarily with the police.

Can it be abuse yes can it catch a lot of bad guys yes.
So would preventive detention and torture.