• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Courthouse

Mr Birdman

I know I can not carry in the court house of any county, but are they required to provide me with a locker to secure my firearm in while I am conducting business there? I only ask because I am required to go to court next month because I saw some one do something they was not supposed to do and I have to tell the judge and jury that. I do not want to walk the streets of downtown Pittsburgh with out my CC/OC firearm. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I know I can not carry in the court house of any county, but are they required to provide me with a locker to secure my firearm in while I am conducting business there? I only ask because I am required to go to court next month because I saw some one do something they was not supposed to do and I have to tell the judge and jury that. I do not want to walk the streets of downtown Pittsburgh with out my CC/OC firearm. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Were you served a subpoena to be present?

If not, I would consider not going.

You sure your memory has not faded?

I refuse to aid the state knowing how they make & pass laws illegally

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

(e) Facilities for checking firearms or other dangerous weapons.--Each county shall make available at or within the building containing a court facility by July 1, 2002, lockers or similar facilities at no charge or cost for the temporary checking of firearms by persons carrying firearms under section 6106(b) or 6109 or for the checking of other dangerous weapons that are not otherwise prohibited by law. Any individual checking a firearm, dangerous weapon or an item deemed to be a dangerous weapon at a court facility must be issued a receipt. Notice of the location of the facility shall be posted as required under subsection (d).
http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes...-or-other-dangerous-weapon-in-court-facility/

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

About the only relevant portion of the above is the mention of a subpeona. If your employer does not have a policy of giving you administrative leave (no loss of pay) to attend court as anything except as the defendant, getting the prosecutor to subpeona you does an end-around for you - makes sure you get the time to appear and provides for you to be paid for your service.

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/001/chapter35/s35.139.html

§ 35.139. Fees of witnesses.

Witnesses subpoenaed by the agency shall be paid the same fees and mileage as are paid for like services in the courts of common pleas. Witnesses subpoenaed at the instance of participants shall be paid the same fees by the participant at whose instance the witness is subpoenaed; and the agency, before issuing any subpoena as provided in § 35.142(a) (relating to subpoenas), may require a deposit of an amount adequate to cover the fees and mileage involved.
Cross References
This section cited in 1 Pa. Code § 35.142 (relating to subpoenas); 4 Pa. Code § 105.14a (relating to subpoenas); 4 Pa. Code § 265.3 (relating to level II hearings); 22 Pa. Code § 201.7 (relating to service and return of subpoenas); 25 Pa. Code § 1021.103 (relating to subpoenas); 25 Pa. Code § 1021.123 (relating to evidence); 34 Pa. Code § 95.95 (relating to witnesses and subpoenas); 34 Pa. Code § 131.81 (relating to subpoenas); 37 Pa. Code § 21.58 (relating to witness fees); 37 Pa. Code § 171.134 (relating to witness fees and mileage allowance); and 55 Pa. Code § 41.161 (relating to written testimony).

stay safe.

Mr Birdman

subpoena

Yes I was served a subpoena. I saw the defendant do something dumb and called the police and they came and arrested her.

OC Freedom

The "state" is the people. Responsible people do responsible things. See no reason to make a negative inference re Mr Birdman.

Everyone has their viewpoint. My viewpoint from being deeply involved in the system, is that the "state" is a machine to oppress and control those that step out of line.

So many have never experienced or participated in the "state" system that they still only see life using their rose colored glasses.

So, will it be the red or blue pill?

https://images.search.yahoo.com/ima...=yhs-mozilla-001&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Everyone has their viewpoint. My viewpoint from being deeply involved in the system, is that the "state" is a machine to oppress and control those that step out of line.

So many have never experienced or participated in the "state" system that they still only see life using their rose colored glasses.

So, will it be the red or blue pill?
Purple might be more appropriate :p

Mr Birdman

update

Well she had her court date and plead guilty to dui and harassment. I OCED all the way to the courthouse. Walked into the firearm's locker room and put my firearm in a locker. Unfortunately the locker was to small to accommodate my holster as well as the firearm. So I had to OC my holster. No problems at all. :monkey:banana:

Curmudgeon

Well she had her court date and plead guilty to dui and harassment. I OCED all the way to the courthouse. Walked into the firearm's locker room and put my firearm in a locker. Unfortunately the locker was to small to accommodate my holster as well as the firearm. So I had to OC my holster. No problems at all. :monkey:banana:

Thanks for the follow through. I'm glad your experience was uneventful. I have only had experiences with York County, Beaver County,
and the Capitol Complex in Harrisburg, but all of mine have also been uneventful, as it should be.