• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Conversations return to Williamsburg Library

2a4all

WILLIAMSBURG - The award-winning series Constitutional Conversations begins its third season by celebrating Constitution Day and the upcoming presidential election.

A special program: "The President and the Constitution: the Scope and Sustainability of Modern Executive Powers," begins Monday, Sept. 17 at 6:30 p.m. in the Williamsburg Library Theatre, 515 Scotland St. Admission is free.

http://www.vagazette.com/news/newsl...williamsburg-library-20120909,0,7802364.story

2a4all

I OC'd to this event tonight. The topic was Executive Powers v the Constitution.

One of the guest speakers was Delegate Mike Watson (R 93rd). At the end of the program, I went up to him and asked him if he was aware of the VDOT sponsored Great Peninsula Traffic Snafu this past weekend. He replied that he was not only familiar with it, he sat in it. I asked him to ask the VDOT Director "What the hell were you thinking?", but to punctuate the question as "What the hell!. Were you thinking?". I said that I'd like his reply to be published.

Delegate Watson was in full agreement that this situation could/should have been handled differently.

It seems that our governor has ceded his executive powers to VDOT.

Old Virginia Joe

I OC'd to this event tonight. The topic was Executive Powers v the Constitution.

One of the guest speakers was Delegate Mike Watson (R 93rd). At the end of the program, I went up to him and asked him if he was aware of the VDOT sponsored Great Peninsula Traffic Snafu this past weekend. He replied that he was not only familiar with it, he sat in it. I asked him to ask the VDOT Director "What the hell were you thinking?", but to punctuate the question as "What the hell!. Were you thinking?". I said that I'd like his reply to be published.

Delegate Watson was in full agreement that this situation could/should have been handled differently.

It seems that our governor has ceded his executive powers to VDOT.

I wish I could have gotten my moniker for this fiasco out in the media---I call it "the perfect storm of collossal incompetence." Everything they could throw at us, they did throw--it was like it was intentional. I guess no one is being fired for this event. That in itself shows how screwed we are as a people, that we can be so abused, and no one has to suffer the consequences. Disgusting.