• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry' gun bill!

Arin Morris

Listening to news radio again at lunch today and a couple of lawmakers are trying to get representatives to sign a petition for an emergency session to revisit all the vetoed bills including constitutional carry.

Last edited:

That is what it took to get so called constitutional carry in Missouri. Veto over ride session. Of course you have to have the votes and back bone to over ride.

press1280

That is what it took to get so called constitutional carry in Missouri. Veto over ride session. Of course you have to have the votes and back bone to over ride.

Always tough to call a special session, especially just for one bill. Although I heard that she vetoed several other bills. Do those have overwhelming support that the numbers can be cobbled together?
But waiting may be prudent, and keep this as a campaign issue for next year. Make the gubernatorial candidates publicly say whether they're for or against it.

press1280

The other recent OK news should have a bearing on this issue. The two good guys in the restaurant shooting were UNARMED until they could get their guns out of their cars. I'm guessing needing a permit to carry hampers many from being ARMED citizens.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ho-shot-oklahoma-restaurant-diners/643726002/

OK is listed as requiring a permit for vehicle carry, so you'd assume they did have permits. Although it did say they got the guns from the trunk, so were they storing per FOPA regulations? Unclear right now. But since it's OK and not NJ, you can assume these guys won't be prosecuted for some minor infraction.