• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Springs Meet and Greet! 12/22

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Our Meet and Greets are usually a social affair, and we get together to talk about anything and everything that strikes our fancy at the time.

However, in light of recent events and the media drumbeat for greater gun control legislation; coupled together with Hickenlooper's recent pronouncement that now is the time to push for more restrictive legislation; and Obama's allusion to doing something about guns (ambiguous and nebulous), this particular meet and greet is going to be more businesslike. We have challenges that need to be discussed and ideas shared on how to defend our rights under the 2nd Amendment.

Yes, I know that folks are busy with holiday shopping and putting up lights or trimming the tree, but everybody is going to eat eventually, and I figure that would include this coming Saturday. And this particular meet and greet is going to be more important than usual.

Colorado Springs at 12 noon sharp at: Peak Grill, 4423 Centennial Blvd

Please RSVP so we can get a count of how many folks will be coming.

When arriving at the location, just let them know you're with the Open Carry group, and they'll square you away.

I hope to impress upon everyone the seriousness of our situation. Unless we establish a dialog and plan of action, and act to defend our Constitutional liberties, then we risk having them curtailed or eliminated without much effort. We really need to develop some cohesion here to confront a rising tide of political sentiment by gun grabbers that they can use recent tragedies to advance their political agendas.

Come out to Colorado Springs, and let us work up some ideas on how to safeguard our birthright.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Boat Guy

Conditional

Gotta talk to 51% of the vote. If she hasn't already committed us to something I'll be there.

jay2513

possibly

New to the site. Would like to meet others who oc in the springs. Not 100% sure if i can make it but i will try.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--
I hope to impress upon everyone the seriousness of our situation. Unless we establish a dialog and plan of action, and act to defend our Constitutional liberties, then we risk having them curtailed or eliminated without much effort. We really need to develop some cohesion here to confront a rising tide of political sentiment by gun grabbers that they can use recent tragedies to advance their political agendas.

Come out to Colorado Springs, and let us work up some ideas on how to safeguard our birthright.
May I suggest not simply taking a defensive position.

"Defend our children" - implies a pro active position rather than a reactive one.

Ask why the Israelis don't have school shootings and direct your efforts accordingly.

Good luck and Godspeed your efforts.

Last edited:

Boat Guy

Can't make it

Can't get to the meet up. Got a heifer calf in the wrong place and need to get her back with her mom...
Sorry.

M-Taliesin

It was a very successful M&G!!!

Howdy Amigo!
We only had maybe 20 souls that could make it. What with the holidays and some folks having to work on Saturday, somewhat short notice, the turnout was about what we expected.

Meanwhile, we had a great discussion and some ideas were placed on the table.

Primarily, we are creating something called Project 94. This is an action plan that can be implemented immediately by gun owners everywhere, and we need to start right away because Obama has called for some sort of gun control proposals within 30 days. Project 94 is one response we can use to let them know where the bear sits!

Because it is a comprehensive response, it will take awhile for me to write it up in a coherent, easy to follow, plan of action. Once I have it cobbled together, I will make a file available. It will be too large for a post, so it will be a downloadable file. That being said, you'll be hearing more about 94 in coming days.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
20 is a good number. The last 2nd Annual December OC event I went to for Rio Rancho/ABQ, NM, OCers (December 2011) had about 16...which was also a good number for them.

BTW, over in the NM section and re: the Rio Rancho/ABQ 3rd Annual 2012 Annual OC event topic, I suggested to your "NM OC bros" there that they also give some time to discussing something similar to what you CO OCers did at your event.

So when they meet December 30th, amongst their other tpoics of conversation I hope they do.

After all, NM & CO are neighbors! :)

Merry Christmas...

Last edited:

ncwabbit

M-Taliesin, forgive the intrusion of this currently displaced Coloradoan, but didn't you get yourself all worked up into a full blown hissy fit several months ago on this very site and stomp off muttering to yourself you would never return coupled with comments centering on something about starting your own forum where you could be left in peace?

oh wait tis the holiday season so perhaps the lost son parable is apropos in this case. NOT!!

M-Taliesin quote from aug:
I truthfully wasn't going to come back here for much of anything, because I and many others simply don't need this sort of nonsense. unquote.

sorry, your rantings and ravings as you left were insulting and IMHO an affront. Now you seek forum membership support for your silly cause célèbre...really?

wabbit

Last edited: