• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Sheriffs who support our Constitutional Rights threatened with loss of pay!!

fighting_for_freedom

If I'm not mistaken, Sheriffs are paid by the counties. The state doesn't dole out their money. And mebbe if they don't get paid, they'll spend a whole lotta energy towards putting our rights back in order.

If I were a Sheriff, I'd say "F*** 'em".

OC for ME

Article 14, Section 8. County officers election term salary. There shall be elected in each county, at the same time at which members of the general assembly are elected, commencing in the year nineteen hundred and fifty four, and every four years thereafter, one county clerk, who shall be ex officio recorder of deeds and clerk of the board of county commissioners; one sheriff; one coroner; one treasurer who shall be collector of taxes; one county superintendent of schools; one county surveyor; one county assessor; and one county attorney who may be elected or appointed, as shall be provided by law; and such officers shall be paid such salary or compensation, either from the fees, perquisites and emoluments of their respective offices, or from the general county fund, as may be provided by law. The term of office of all such officials shall be four years, and they shall take office on the second Tuesday in January next following their election, or at such other time as may be provided by law.

As amended November 4, 1902; November 2, 1954. (See Laws 1901, p. 112; Laws 1955, p. 247.)
Could not find any reference to the primacy of a sheriff in his county re LE functions. In some state constitutions the sheriff is the top cop.

Vader33

Colorado Sheriffs who support our Constitutional Rights threatened with loss of

It's another uneducated scare tactic by the Demrods to invoke a fear for duty. Sheriff Maketa and those in rural CO are doing it right. If only the sheriffs of Douglas, Arapahoe, Jeffco, and Adams would follow suit. Not sure if they have or not, but I haven't heard otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk