• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Governor to Sign Gun Control Bills Into Law

acmariner99

I just saw an article from Fox News that stated that Gov. Chickenpooper would sign bills banning private transfers and restricting magazine limits to 15 rounds into law: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/19/colorado-governor-to-sign-gun-controls-into-law/.

My condolences to the liberty loving people of Colorado. Denver is messing things up for everybody. I hope MagPul sticks to their guns and vacates the state in light of this development.

Too bad - I really like Colorado :(

zekester

http://news.yahoo.com/colo-gun-restrictions-bring-political-124941354.html

"When Hickenlooper signaled he'd sign them all, reaction was swift. A suburban Denver gun-accessories maker, Magpul Industries, said it would make good on a threat to leave the state.

"It is disappointing to us that money and a social agenda from outside the state have apparently penetrated the American West," the company said in a statement."

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://www.facebook.com/magpul/posts/565350306810656 (This just might give some impetus to some of the other manufacturers out there living in states that are seeking to outlaw their products. INHO Baretta will probably be the next to put the machines in boxcars and make the long journey to Virginia - where they already have a small footprint.)

Magpul said it could be back up running some operations within 30 days.

Save those Magpul items marked "Made in Colorado" - they have just become collectors' items.

Is that Hickenlooper's political career I see circling the drain?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--
Is that Hickenlooper's political career I see circling the drain?

Not likely unless the people of Colorado come together and take their state back.

Hick-in-loop was put into power by the batsnit crazy and sizeable voting bloc that is Denver.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
It's a real shame. Colorado was, briefly, free enough to quality as worth being described as "the freest place on earth" in my estimation.

I really hate the way the right and left have to squabble over which set of freedoms their respective groups support or oppose.

Why can't we just move consistently towards liberty? All this two steps forward, one step back stuff is irritating.

mobiushky

Not 2 steps forward.... It's 3 steps backward, 2 steps to the left, run 50 paces backwards, 3 steps right, half step counterclockwise, do a 180, step back,... Wait, where the heck are we now?

PS, the mag ban likely won't stand long. It's WAY over reaching to the point that it actually bans nearly ALL magazines regardless of capacity. Bans certain weapons that have larger than 15 round capacity built in. Criminalizes the mere handling of a magazine that is not yours. Makes it impossible to even buy most firearms due to the above. It also make it illegal for an RSO to help a shooter at a range with a malfunction if he handles the gun. Etc, etc. Basically, this law will make firearms illegal in the state by default. Which means it will be challenged immediately.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Does anyone else see a coincidence between the governor signing these bills after the CO Director of Corrections was shot and killed yesterday?

Either way, a sad day for Colorado.

Last edited:

77zach

Advocates of civil/human rights everywhere should mourn at this blow dealt by the demoncrats (sic). We expect this in the lost territories like Ca, NJ, NY, etc, but not in Colorado. The Demoncrats have a fetish for victim disarmament. I don't vote Republican either (generally), but everyone needs to come together to fight them. The Redcoats wear Blue today. They need to pay.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Does anyone else see a coincidence between the governor signing these bills after the CO Director of Corrections was shot and killed yesterday?

Either way, a sad day for Colorado.

One bad deed deserves another apparently.

Rattrapper

I read on another forum, that the powers to be of Colorado, thought The CEO of Magpul was bluffing or posturing. Well first thing to look at is the CEO is the OWNER of this company. Second, not many Marine NCO's Bluff when they have the power to do what they say they are going to do.

I have also read that Alfred Manufacturing the company that supplies Magpul may also leave.

And Lastly There is word that the Outdoor Channel is also leaving Colorado and recommending that folks not visit there.

If all this iis true, It should get interesting.

Saxxon

Advocates of civil/human rights everywhere should mourn at this blow dealt by the demoncrats (sic). We expect this in the lost territories like Ca, NJ, NY, etc, but not in Colorado. The Demoncrats have a fetish for victim disarmament. I don't vote Republican either (generally), but everyone needs to come together to fight them. The Redcoats wear Blue today. They need to pay.

I changed parties back in 1994. What I found since then is that I really have a lot more in common with republicans than democrats anyway. I don't always agree with them either (ie Right To Work laws that masquerade a union busting measure rather than just allowing someone to not join a union). For the most part though, its a better fit. Gun ownership breeds responsibility, conservative philosophy is about responsibility; liberal philosophy is about blame. I don't think its possible to be a liberal gun owner and not be in some kind of turmoil. Especially note that most of the creeps that perpetrated these mass killings were Democrats (Loughner, Lanza, Holmes, Hassan, Cho, Dorner), and the majority of criminal shootings are performed by people that, well lets just say they don't vote Republican. If you took liberals/Democrats out of the equation over 70% of the homicides would cease. Thats reason enough for a switch in thinking.

Re: Magpul - anyone with a brain would know they weren't bluffing. Liberals don't have brains per se, so I can see where they assumed it was a bluff, just like they assume everyone else is like them, unstable and can't be trusted with a gun.