• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carmike Cinemas Changes its Policy!

FTG-05

I think if all that carry would respond to or e-mail Carmike it would give them an indication how this ban would affect their cash intake. It might wake them up to the impact of their asinine decision.

I highly doubt it will affect their bottom line much, what with all the "concealed means concealed" so-called gun owners supporting them with their $$$. Read post #13 above for an excellent example. :banghead:

aadvark

..., and Why are Georgia Weapons Carry Licensees NOT Listed under Georgia Code 16-11-130?

Perhaps The Georgia General Assembly will Change that when They Reconvene in January 2013.

aadvark

SMSgte8

..., and Why are Georgia Weapons Carry Licensees NOT Listed under Georgia Code 16-11-130?

Perhaps The Georgia General Assembly will Change that when They Reconvene in January 2013.

aadvark

I doubt it since we do not have an OFFICIAL reason to carry.

aadvark

To Whomever is Concerned:

..., and No sooner than They Ban Guns do They have Bomb Threats at The Box Office.

How many Times does it have to happen before others Realize that Laws, Policies, and Rules do NOT Stop Crime or Criminal Activity.

aadvark

Last edited:

tcruse

No Guns are OK, if they protect you

I understand and approve of a property owner having the right to control who comes into their business. The reasons do not need to make sense.
However, if a business becomes a "No Gun Zone" then that should trigger a legal requirement that they take FULL responsibility to provide protection for every individual that enters and for their travel to and from the location of the business.
So, they need real security (not the illusion of security). For me that means that their businesses can not remain "soft targets".
Of course, I would probably still choose to go else where to view a movie.