• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canyon County whining about too many cc applications.

carracer

Saw on channel 6 and read in the Idaho Press Tribune about the Sheriff stating that too many applications for cc were interfering with their other work. They are going to limit apps to tues, wed, and thurs.

Seems like their solution to too much work is to do less work.

I posted on the facebook page and also the websites of both the tv and newspaper stating as much about the workload. Also that Legal, Responsible Open Carry is an alternative to the concealed permit. All of us should do this to get the word out.

I also went to the Canyon County facebook page and stated the same.

Last edited:

clarkebar

Constitutional Carry

Contrary to popular belief, Idaho's firearms law IS constitutional. It is actually ennumerated in the state Constitution that concealed carry is the only type of carry which may be regulated by the state. Open Carry is legal literally EVERYWHERE in Idaho. Unlike states such as Arizona, where only concealed carry is allowed in bars, and bars may post signs prohibiting that as well, the State of Idaho may NOT regulate open carry AT ALL. The only way one would be ousted from a bar is to be asked to leave by the management, which does happen occasionally.

Idaho is the only state I have visited where this is the case. Anyone can carry openly anywhere and the state may do nothing to stop it.

DocWalker

Contrary to popular belief, Idaho's firearms law IS constitutional. It is actually ennumerated in the state Constitution that concealed carry is the only type of carry which may be regulated by the state. Open Carry is legal literally EVERYWHERE in Idaho. Unlike states such as Arizona, where only concealed carry is allowed in bars, and bars may post signs prohibiting that as well, the State of Idaho may NOT regulate open carry AT ALL. The only way one would be ousted from a bar is to be asked to leave by the management, which does happen occasionally.

Idaho is the only state I have visited where this is the case. Anyone can carry openly anywhere and the state may do nothing to stop it.

With exception for your standard federal areas such as Mountain Home AFB, Court Houses, Boise VA and such. You also can't OC at places like the anti-American Nampa Bowling Center as they will ask you to leave. You also can't carry if your a felon so there are some laws and regs to follow but it is one of the best states; you are right about that one.

ecocks

With exception for your standard federal areas such as Mountain Home AFB, Court Houses, Boise VA and such. You also can't OC at places like the anti-American Nampa Bowling Center as they will ask you to leave. You also can't carry if your a felon so there are some laws and regs to follow but it is one of the best states; you are right about that one.

Some other places you cannot OC without being asked to leave:

US Bank on Cherry
RC Willey
Shari's

There used to be a list of friendly and non-friendly businesses on here.

On the bright side, Fuddrucker's apparently changed their policy over the last couple of years since they allow OC with the Idaho Carry group these days.