• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

camp ellis rod and gun?

carry for myself

anyone know anything about this place? been looking for a good place to go shooting whenever i darned feel like it lol. everywhere is so expensive. and i havnt been to the range in some time * i know shame on me*. My sister had a membership there last summer. i went with her a ton of times and she said meetings are on wed night. at 7........and to just go with $20 and get a membership. i've showed up 8 weeks in a row on wed at 7 and its deserted. saco PD says its still an active gun club. and its pretty cheap. anyone a member? or know of another place thats as cheap or free to shoot in the southern maine area?

carry for myself

woah. where did you find that lol i've been trying to research them for years and all i ever came up with was city planning maps lol thanks grapeshot :)

carry for myself

this place is ridiculous , i called and was told the guy that runs it no longer runs it due to heart issues, was given a phone number of another "guy" who is supposed to run the place now, left him 3 voice mails so far, no call back, and now it goes straight to voice mail like the phone is off.........ughhh i have not shot my 1911 yet and cant afford "big range" prices........so if anyone in southern Maine knows a place to shoot "that i won get shot by a hunter going after grouse"......i would severely appreciate it

Last edited:

bohner69

so im new to this forum, but I have to ask, did you ever hear back? I also have been with a friend, and have tried to join myself, but it seems impossible....