• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brandishing Gun At Home Intruders Who Haven’t Identified Themselves as Police Officers Isn’t A Crime. E. Volokh at V. Conspiracy

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan
”[ … ]
Notwithstanding this, Deputies Powers and Baker climbed over the four-foot fence and walked almost two hundred feet to plaintiffs' home. The plaintiffs' dogs heard the deputies and began barking. Rather than going to the front door to knock and announce their presence, the deputies instead went to the back of the house. Mr. Hanson heard his dogs barking, looked out of the back window, and thought he saw intruders. Mr. Hanson opened the door and yelled out to the supposed intruders to identify themselves. Neither deputy did so.

Rather than identify himself, deputy Powers—believing that Mr. Hanson held a pistol— drew his service revolver and fired five times at Mr. Hanson, who stood in the doorway. While all five bullets missed Mr. Hanson, they went into the plaintiffs' home where both Ms. Walker and Ms. Felt were present. In response to the gunshots, Mr. Hanson ducked behind a freezer on his porch, and then ran back into his bedroom to hide. As a result of Deputy Powers' firing his gun, numerous deputies and the Larimer County Sheriff's Office arrived on scene. A SWAT team was also called to the property.
[ … ]”

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Really Doug? You post an article about brandishing and then never address or quote the article or court order discussing the brandishing. Really Doug, really?

solus

Latimer County Colorado 28 Jan 2020 > Meetings & Minutes > Admin Matters Meeting Agenda, quote:

Legal Matters

Decision Expected

· Executive Session regarding Case 2020CV30019: Hanson, Walker et al. vs. Larimer County, et al. pursuant to C.R.S. 24-6-402(4)(b)

· Executive Session regarding City of Loveland vs Tony Brooks pursuant to C.R.S. 24-6-402(4)(b

https://apps.larimer.org/bcc/agenda_20200128.htm

seems latimer county has a problem,...

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Latimer County Colorado 28 Jan 2020 > Meetings & Minutes > Admin Matters Meeting Agenda, quote:

Legal Matters

Decision Expected

· Executive Session regarding Case 2020CV30019: Hanson, Walker et al. vs. Larimer County, et al. pursuant to C.R.S. 24-6-402(4)(b)

· Executive Session regarding City of Loveland vs Tony Brooks pursuant to C.R.S. 24-6-402(4)(b

https://apps.larimer.org/bcc/agenda_20200128.htm

seems latimer county has a problem,...
Not really. The agenda is from January 28, 2020.
The court's order cuts the county loose, June 22, 2021.
"The Court dismisses the false arrest state law claim against the Board with prejudice."

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I have no desire to feed the despicable Dog Boy troll.

Read David Zarefsky on argumentation. There is no desire for concord here.
I said address or quote the article. OK if you don't want to address the article, but at least quote the part of the article or the case that discusses brandishing. That's my point.

solus

Not really. The agenda is from January 28, 2020.
The court's order cuts the county loose, June 22, 2021.
"The Court dismisses the false arrest state law claim against the Board with prejudice."
ya, see that now that you point it out...sigh

solus

"Definition of augmentation
1a: the act or process of augmenting something
b: the state of being augmented
2: something that augments : ADDITION"

what does a rhetoric teaching communication professor, who's last published work was over 14 years ago, have to do w/eugene's 2021 article re CO court case you cited ?

Last edited:

MarlinPibly

I'm totally happy having clicked on this web site, it is toally what I have been hoping for. The information on the web page is very needed and is going to help my friends and I a couple times a week. It appears as if everyone has a large amount of details concerning the things I am interested in and the other hyper links and information really show it. I'm not typically on the internet when I am busy however when I have some time I am always avidly hunting for this sort of knowledge or things similarly having to do with it. I have one of my family members that have acquired a liking in this because of all that I have gathered about it and they're more than likely going to be visiting the blog since it is such an excellent treasure. I am also facsinated in politics and how to deal with the constant twists and turns in politics. If anyone gets a chance, take a look at my site: georgetown waterfront park engagement