• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bats New Toy

Batousaii

So i got a new toy from a friend. It is a Grendel p-12 in .380. It is the 11 round version with detachable magazine. It is kind of an oddball little gun. Grendel turned into Kel-Tec and has a new line out. The Grendel has a very mixed reputation, peeps either love it or hate it. Usually hinged on if their's is reliable or not.
- As the previous owner complained of stove pipe jams and poor ejection properties, I have done a very thorough fluff and buff on this neat little Popper. Mods I made are: a polished feed ramp, reshaped the extractor to better grab the rim of the case, and reshaped the ejector to give a more positive push thus flipping the shell out in an assertive manner. It still needs re-assembly (total pain in the rear) and then test fired, though i am confident my mods will prove to be a vast improvement. I have also smoothed allot of the sharp corners inside to reduce wear on moving parts, and improve over all performance.

1245A Defender

well,,,

hi bat, cool new toy, ive had one for ~30 years~
grendel is the OLD keltec, kellgren is the swedish designer of both.
pm me for my no. to call to talk for assembly questions, i dont do much long distance. im Up All Night!
i would offer to make modifications to your gun slide, so the clock type hammer spring doesnt fatigue and break,
their is a design flaw!
IF? you have the rails out of the frame? Please talk to me before trying it yourself! simple help, i got for you, I know.

001.jpg

Last edited:

Batousaii

Yeap

HeYa Defender, I took it down to the last little pin. I almost had it together when the frame rails (their made of sheet metal) popped off the little machined block. I wasn't applying much force when this happened, and noticed they were very (And i do mean VERY) lightly spot welded on with a single little tack on each one. I thought tap and screw or even JB-Weld would have been tons stronger. (JB-Weld for now, maybe I'll tap and screw later if it pops off again).
- So, What mods to the slide did you do regarding the hammer spring, I'd be interested. I did consider rounding the very square edge that the hammer rides along to smooth the action, however i was concerned bout increasing the slide speed too much. - If you have a tested design, let me know what you did with it please?
- Yeap, it IS a clock, a real pain to reassemble. I found a website that gives a good detailed instruction on re-assembly, but if you got some extra tips would be great too. I'll PM ya.

http://jtjersey.com/Grendel/grendel.htm

- A friend of mine showed me his P-10 Grendel with internal Mag, i thought it was a very cool design for a backup. Loaded from the top - CoooL.

YaY Complex Toys... I actually love the challenge. _ I'll post the pic of it all apart soon.

:dude: Bat.

Dave_pro2a

[BigDave impersonation] I can't believe you called a gun a toy. That is so irresponsible and makes 'us all' look bad. [/BigDave impersonation] ;)

Enjoy your toy :)

Batousaii

YaY!

- Update...
- Got the whole thing back together and working. All cleaned out, lubricated etc. Should run like a champ now.
- FYI- Grendels are a serious pain to put back together! It's a lock and a half-lol-
- TY to Defender for some very helpful hints and tips! - Appreciated :)

Bat.