• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Basic Rules

since9

Campaign Veteran
Is there a long gun open-carry board (that is a separate website) ? It seems like there is some demand (though perhaps less than for this forum re: handguns). I did a quick search and couldn't find one.

thanks,
Peter

I think the "some demand" about which you speak originated in Texas, where carrying of long guns was legal whereas OCing handguns was not. Since the law has changed, the the long gun OC fad has largely faded.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think the "some demand" about which you speak originated in Texas, where carrying of long guns was legal whereas OCing handguns was not. Since the law has changed, the the long gun OC fad has largely faded.

Forum Rules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control and lack of trigger guard coverage, we cannot support long gun open carry.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Forum Rules

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control and lack of trigger guard coverage, we cannot support long gun open carry.

While I most certainly do not expect everyone to agree with me, I do most certainly expect the admins and moderators of this forum to properly apply the rules without misconstruing, apparently intentionally, what I say. Case in point, a reported post which awaits you.

When I made the simple observation of their origin, I in NO WAY was advocating the open carry of long guns, Grapeshot, and anyone on this forum can scroll down the whopping one post and ascertain that for themselves.

solus

So Since9, to rehash a moment
1. Aug 2014 PeternSteimetz asks a general question ‘if anyone knows about a general topic LG OC forum anywhere on the internet?’
2. Aug 2014 Grapeshot provides the member an approprate and timely response!
3. May 2017 Since9 responds to PeternSteimetz’s post esentially explaining since TX has gotten handgun OC blessing fron the state the LG ‘fad’ has faded.
4. May 2017 Grapeshot reiterates form rules regarding LGs.
5. April 2018 Since9 posts a almost year after the fact his reply post to a three year olde inquiry was misconstrued?

Do i have the timeline correct Since9, so I might ask you a question:

With this nation, again in an uproar over shooting, reciprocity, legislative members using anti/pro firearm platforms to glean voters, immature young aduls being used, by unscrupulous adults, as hand puppets to advance anti sentiment, legislative members pushing legislation limiting firearm issues, ad nauseam;

your educated self is worrying about something you feel was misconstrued, won’t advance dog dodo for firearm’s causes whatsoever, and occurred almost a year ago, don’t you believe that is just a bit petty on your part with all the rest going on in this union?

Last edited:

solus

darn Grape, those glasses and new ears, coupled with an invigorating breakfast does wonders for your moderating skills...:shocker:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
darn Grape, those glasses and new ears, coupled with an invigorating breakfast does wonders for your moderating skills...:shocker:

Moderation like felt recoil is a perception on a singular plain - others may not get the same response all other things being equal.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My post was directed towards since9. Your post, though benign, gave me the opportunity to shoot a zinger.....

If careful to pick out the shot, zingers are good for breakfast.

Some might asked how many zingers does it take to make an omelet?

BTW - I took no offense.

D_chaney80

Can we get some posted rules to stop members from using foul language...abbreviations of foul language...words describing sexual body parts? There should be no references to the "F" word or sexual terms denoting body parts. This forum should be run professionally and the members who post should act accordingly. Most members who post uphold decency in their writing. Please, let's clean up OCDO.

D_chaney80

Can we get some posted rules to stop members from using foul language...abbreviations of foul language...words describing sexual body parts? There should be no references to the "F" word or sexual terms denoting body parts. This forum should be run professionally and the members who post should act accordingly. Most members who post uphold decency in their writing. Please, let's clean up OCDO.
LoL