• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Back yard shooting range and restrictions on plat

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I was going spend the money and build a nice berm to shoot just hand guns into as I don't have the distance to shoot rifles and not really into shotguns . I am still researching this issue I emailed the county judge executive about any county zoning or ordinances that might be in place and have not received a reply back yet.
So, you refuse to tell us what county you live in. Got it. This post was a waste of my time, thanks.

solus

If it matters it is Whitley county and I have found out after going to the court house there is no county zoning or ordinances in the county.
yes sir, you got yourself an administrative clerk to give you the verbal answer you were seeking - - ask ya!

yepper that there “he said/they said“ nonsense will hold up in absolutely any court and will work in a civil suit as well !

ya’ll have fun now with that there shoot’g range in a residential community, ya hear...