• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Atlanta-area police officer shot after responding to wrong home

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
When is the last time you read a story where a home intruder brings his attack dog for personal protection?????

If this was at 7:30 pm it was still light outside.

nonameisgood

If I want to leave my door unlocked, I should expect to get shot by an officer? I think that logic isn't logical.
Maybe if the officer(s) didn't overreact or make a couple of serious mistakes everyone would have gone or stayed home safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OC for ME

Update...Sort of

When attorney Jeff Brickmans saw the official police report of the incident, he says he was stunned.

“It almost makes you think they’re talking about a different case,” he told WSB-TV in Atlanta.

The report claims that the officers entered the home responding to a “burglary in progress,” contradicting the 911 caller Derek Perez’s account of what he told the dispatcher.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2396378/chris-mckinley-wrong-house-police-shooting/
...no Mr. Brickmans, they are merely misunderstanding the case you are referring to. There is a court decision that clearly states that cops can misunderstand a great many things and not be held to account.

Another case of cops violating the law and a tax payer backed check will make the innocent victim(s) whole...in all respects.

solus

tks OC4ME...i missed this news article...

kinda wonder what the loss of a family pet, sustaining a leg injury & medical bills ~ haven't heard about long term disability per se, emotional distress, loss of spousal relations, etc., is actually worth...$1-2M?

I know the nice LE who was shot by his own compadre(s) will be retired - receiving full vested $$ as disabled (eh, 50K +/-) plus medical, insurance etc., coupled with their immediate and continuing medical bills from the injury paid for! $75K x 25 years of life left $1.8M

oh forgot lawyer(s) fees...$.5-.75M?

all in all this event cost the dekalb group bout $5M

not bad for an group of ppl who 'got confused' and went to the wrong house and only took what...maybe 15 minutes to wreak $5M worth of damage...

ipse

Last edited: