• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave Friday's

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just got a response from the home office.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for emailing TGI Fridays.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We want to be sure that we can provide not only a fun environment, but a safe one as well. It is a corporate policy that we do not allow firearms of any caliber into our stores unless carried by a police officer on duty, for the protection of our many valued guests. I appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll understand our position on this issue.

Thank you for your interest in TGI Fridays!

Sincerely,

Pearly M.
Guest Relations Support

They don't value you of course. Although they do use the term "many" and not all. Write him back and tell him that he does not indicate how he is keeping you safe and that you'll continue to carry into his company's establishments until he can guaranty your safety.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
They don't value you of course. Although they do use the term "many" and not all. Write him back and tell him that he does not indicate how he is keeping you safe and that you'll continue to carry into his company's establishments until he can guaranty your safety.

I note DM is not recommending actually carrying into the restaurant, which would be trespassing, and a violation of the property owners' rights. DM is merely suggesting the OPer say he will do so until the restaurant guarantees his safety.

Interesting tactic actually. Real attention getter. Call out the fibber for not indicating how is keeping you safe, then tell the fibber you will keep yourself safe. One could just omit the declaration about continuing to carry; but, it does push the point right in the liar's face. That is to say it pushes the lie right into the liar's face.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I note DM is not recommending actually carrying into the restaurant, which would be trespassing, and a violation of the property owners' rights. DM is merely suggesting the OPer say he will do so until the restaurant guarantees his safety.

Interesting tactic actually. Real attention getter. Call out the fibber for not indicating how is keeping you safe, then tell the fibber you will keep yourself safe. One could just omit the declaration about continuing to carry; but, it does push the point right in the liar's face. That is to say it pushes the lie right into the liar's face.

That's correct Citizen.

Incidentally, here you have two property owners: the business v. the natural person. Who wins this property right conflict? The artificial person or the natural person? Food for thought.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That's correct Citizen.

Incidentally, here you have two property owners: the business v. the natural person. Who wins this property right conflict? The artificial person or the natural person? Food for thought.
No problem really - depends where one is standing.

utbagpiper

Banned

So bald face lying is an acceptable way for you and DM to interact with others? Good to know.

Might I suggest that honesty is a better policy for free interactions with others than lying. Let them know how much business they are losing. Receipts from a gun friendly competitor where you hold your company lunches or family get-togethers are honest and honorable ways to drive home the point of the cost of their policy.

Charles

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Citizen I note DM is not recommending actually carrying into the restaurant, which would be trespassing, and a violation of the property owners' rights. DM is merely suggesting the OPer say he will do so until the restaurant guarantees his safety.

So bald face lying is an acceptable way for you and DM to interact with others? Good to know.

Might I suggest that honesty is a better policy for free interactions with others than lying. Let them know how much business they are losing. Receipts from a gun friendly competitor where you hold your company lunches or family get-togethers are honest and honorable ways to drive home the point of the cost of their policy.

Charles
Wow! Clarifying what someone else said/meant is hardly endorsing lying.