• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arkansas still trying to figure it out.

KBCraig

"LITTLE ROCK—An Arkansas legislative panel has endorsed a non-binding resolution that says carrying a firearm without a permit is legal in the state."

Let's pass a resolution that says the law says what it says.

eye95

Better than passing a resolution that says the law says what it doesn’t say!

Edited to add:

Gov. Asa Hutchinson said in a 2017 letter to Arkansas State Police that he believes that law allows residents to carry a weapon openly "so long as there is no intent to unlawfully employ the handgun."

How would one know of an intent to “unlawfully employ the handgun” until it was so employed? Would the BG call 911 to tell them that he is going to rob a bank, thereby making his carry illegal?

Last edited:

OC for ME

Ask a cop, you just might be a felon in possession of a gun and they need to verify that you are not.

Edit to add:

Or, a mental case, wife beater, stalker...

KBCraig

How would one know of an intent to “unlawfully employ the handgun” until it was so employed? Would the BG call 911 to tell them that he is going to rob a bank, thereby making his carry illegal?
That is the wording of the statute, and "intent to unlawfully employ" is a burden of proof that must be met by the prosecution.