• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anonymous Proxies Are Now Banned

4angrybadgers

Here's the ideal: google "site:eek:pencarry.org {search term}"

It also works wonders with government websites that return tens of thousands of hits using their internal boolean search engines.

Okay, here's yet another example of vBulletin sucking: the quoted section above is "site (colon) opencarry.org {search term}", but vB wants to translate it to something else that makes no sense.
You can use the "CODE" tags to keep vBulletin (and other forum software) from parsing your text into smilies, etc. It's the "#" icon above the text box.

Code:
site:opencarry.org {search term}

Tomas

Another way...

You can use the "CODE" tags to keep vBulletin (and other forum software) from parsing your text into smilies, etc. It's the "#" icon above the text box.

Code:
site:opencarry.org {search term}

One can also prevent smilies from appearing where they are not wanted by simply clicking "Disable smlies in text" below the message window prior to posting...

site:eek:pencarry.org {search term}

kubel

I know that action has to be taken to combat spammers and attacks, but can I request that an alternative course of action be investigated to serve as a replacement for blocking tor exit nodes?

eye95

Do you have a specific suggestion that would be as effective against spammers? We don't want people who recently got the boot make the site go up and down like a yo-yo. Before banning the anonymous proxies, they were able to do this. Since the admins took action, the site has been up continuously.

Unless your idea is equally effective, booooooo!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I know that action has to be taken to combat spammers and attacks, but can I request that an alternative course of action be investigated to serve as a replacement for blocking tor exit nodes?

I'm sure that John considered all of the ramifications and took the most effective action available.

Have you an specific solution in mind that meets the criteria?