• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Bit of Trivia

usmcmustang

Would anyone take a guess in what document these two Articles appear?

ARTICLE XLIII.
Carry arms openly.
All persons known to be of good character and of sound mind and suitable age... shall be encouraged to carry arms openly.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
ARTICLE XLIV.

No person to carry concealed weapons.
No person ..., except regularly appointed policemen, express officers of the army, mail carriers, or other fully accredited messengers of the Congress, President, Vice President, members of the Supreme Court, or commissioned officers of the army-and those only under peculiar circumstances-shall be allowed at any time to carry concealed weapons; and any person not specially authorized so to do, who shall be found so doing, shall be deemed a suspicious person, and may at once be arrested by any officer, soldier, or citizen, without the formality of a complaint or warrant, and may at once be subjected to thorough search, and shall have his or her case thoroughly investigated, and be dealt with as circumstances on proof shall require.

b0neZ

John Brown's Provisional Constitution?

I admit I had to search for it. Google got confuzzled and crashed in my browser, but Bing brought it up instantly.

Lasjayhawk

I don't think John Brown was to big on welfare:

ARTICLE XXXIX.

All must labor.

All persons connected in any way with this organization, and who may be entitled to full protection under it, shall be held as under obligation to labor in some way for the general good; and persons refusing or neglecting so to do, shall, on conviction, receive a suitable and appropriate punishment.

usmcmustang

I don't think John Brown was to big on welfare:

ARTICLE XXXIX.

All must labor.

All persons connected in any way with this organization, and who may be entitled to full protection under it, shall be held as under obligation to labor in some way for the general good; and persons refusing or neglecting so to do, shall, on conviction, receive a suitable and appropriate punishment.

I'd say bigger than big... voluntary unemployment would have been a "crime" punishable by "suitable and appropriate punishment."