• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. W

Non carry done wrong.....

In the local Abbotsford paper. Not me, though my wife thought I was telling her about me when I was reading it to her. Last line not shown just says they are not filing any charges. Not sure what the guy did wrong other than not having an appointment, and being an idiot. I could probably come up...
  2. W

Wisconsin Concealed Carry License renewal timeline.....

Got electronic notice of $22.00 renewal payment made for expiration date 02/05/18 at 11:39 am 01/27/18. License came today 01/31/18, letter dated 01/27/18. So, four days from application to permission slip in my hand. Website said they had 21 days to review, which would have meant mine might...
  3. W

I believe I am responsible for a no gun sign being installed......

Wife’s father is at a low rent assisted living facility in Medford, Wi. Every Sunday after church, I drop her off there, go grocery shopping, go back to pick her up. Open carry in summer, but conceal at church. Conceal if I need a jacket. So, basically I have been walking in there all summer...
  4. W

OCed into RedEye in Wausau, millennial microbrewery.

Go to Wausau about every third Monday to take my Mom out to lunch. She's 83 and drives but just to her bank, the PO and a grocery store. So we ran some errands, replaced her wiper blades, and bought her a plant for Mom's Day. My brother took her out of town for the weekend. She has some...
  5. W

All toy rubber band guns MUST be destroyed!!!

Should be TOY rubber band guns. http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/slu-president-calls-toy-gun-scare-wake-up-call-promises/article_62ae4ea4-5abd-5de7-b51c-87c59269603c.html I assume he was open carry, since it was seen. Second to last paragraph. The insanity never ends. Hope...
  6. W

Reeder's Ruck St. Point 4/29/17

Warning!!!!!!! Dog heavy post, proceed at your own risk. Keep your bitchin' to yourself. Went down and did a walkabout with the pup. 8 miles in 1 hour 57 minutes. Had a 24 minute train delay so not exact time. Goal was the be under 2 hours. Winner was 1 and 5 minutes with a 35 pound pack. I was...
  7. W

Wisconsin Governor has the privilege of meeting my wife today!

Gov. Scott Walker will be at the Abbotsford School District in Abbotsford, Wisconsin today to visit, tour, meet students, staff and school board to discuss issues of rural Wisconsin students and English as a Second Language Learners. (Hispanics) My wife is the District Administrator, and point...
  8. W

WWII Vet fought with Patton's 2nd Armored

I've talked to my neighbors quite a bit over the last six months since moving here. I helped one older gentlemen with his snowblower and a broken shear pin, and talked to his wife several times at the mailbox. Several weeks ago he said his wife had a stroke and was in Wausau about 30 miles away...
  9. W

4 dead including on LEO in Wausau, WI area

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/story/news/crime/2017/03/22/how-rothschild-shooting-unfolded/99510836/ Not really open carry. My Mom lives in the area, I was there Monday, took her out to lunch and we stopped at her bank, Marathon Savings. She went inside while I waited in the car. Guess I...
  10. W

Had my 6th anti OC conversation yesterday. (+1000 good)

Walking dog down main drag Abbotsford I see a guy ahead getting into his truck, then get back out. Seemed like he was waiting for me? Said good morning, he said NOT REALLY. I said sorry to hear that. He said I don't like you carrying a gun around in the open like that. Stopped walking and turned...
  11. W

Is open carry a FIRST Amendment Right?

How so you ask? I'm making a statement. What is it? Don't mess with me. If burning and walking on the Flag is protected by the First Amendment, why not a Firearm? Way off base? Any legs to stand on? I'm mulling it over and thinking of including this idea into my conversation with people...
  12. W

Open Carry conversations, Pigeon Falls, Whitehall, Osseo

Went down to Whitehall to put a clutch in a John Deere G, and pick up half a hog from Falls Meat Market. Owner of the meat market talked to me about 20 minutes about hunting, the election, how busy he was and how long since he had a day off. No mention of OC 226, which is hard to miss. Went to...
  13. W

Abbotsford Holiday station robbed by three, shot out door to leave

I walked over to Abby Bank this morning with my dog. Didn't know anything about this until I asked at the bank, but I noticed the Ch9 WAOW reporter taping me as I went across the front of the station along the police tape. He was across the street on my strong side, open carry. I made the news...
  14. W

Spotted first open carrier in Wisconsin.

At the Windmill going in to get water. He noticed me first, I didn't realize he was carrying for a bit. XD45, dressed in mostly black hard to see, and riding a Harley with a lady. Talked about dogs and non gun stuff for 95 percent of the time. Both determined OC is pretty much not noticed...
  15. W

Is that a K-9?

Got asked again last night while out on a walk with the German Shepherd while OC if that is a K-9? She is on a short leash, or off leash heel directly at my side. I can understand why some people might think I'm some type of law enforcement. The other question is, Is she in training? The answer...
  16. W

Rhinlander St. Patrick's Day Parade Open Carry walkabout

Rhinelander St. Patrick's Day Parade Open Carry walkabout Wife went to see her Dad so, I took our GSD to town. Was not aware of parade and did not leave home planning to attend. Took my dog to Foster and Smith's where I sported my yellow plastic banana in my OWB Multiholster Hipster. Also, had...
  17. W

When children ask why you have a gun?

Looks like winter might be over here, and with that quite a bit more open carry outside. I live near a walking/biking trail that goes by an ice cream shoppe and I almost daily walk my dog past there. On the lake, scenic area, lots of people sometimes, and often lots of children. Generally, the...
  18. W

Royal City, WA questions?

Wife has applied for a job in Royal City, Washington as the School District Administrator. It's southwest of Moses Lake maybe 45 miles? I've been through there, down to Yakima and hauled produce out of the area, but I don't think I've actually ever been to Royal City. Not much on the web, looks...
  19. W

Open carry Rhinelander fun.

Went out for brunch yesterday at our new favorite after church spot, the Riverview. We have become regulars apparently, they give us the same table and a pot of coffee to serve ourselves now. Several groups of church goers have started going here, and have invited us to join them. But, they are...
  20. W

Squirrel Hunting question.

Got a big eared German Shepherd that can hear a squirrel from a hundred yards. Go for long walks in the woods and she will take off at a run out of the blue and chase a squirrel up a tree. She's a natural. Didn't even train her!!!! She rarely has a false alarm, tho sometimes she gets on a...