• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. shaun

Navy Federal Credit Union

Made a deposit today at the Fort Carson branch on Mesa Ridge Parkway and noticed the No Firearms sign was removed. I inquired within if they were now allowing me to carry inside the bank and the receptionist very polite said to me that they will no longer tell me what I can and can't do when it...
  2. shaun

Colorado Springs Apple Store Experience

Wanted to replace my stolen macbook a while back so decided what the heck and went to see what they had. Got ther and a line of people outside. No biggie. Private Security and a CSPD by the line so I just figured what the heck. Looked inside, CSPD and more private security inside. Thought to...
  3. shaun

OK, maybe not

So, returned 2 months later from having seen and since saying what the heck, I'll bite, a Chiapa Rhino 50DS (.357 Mag ) for $535.00. Arrived base today to buy first ask wife later ... $855. Guess I don't need to come up with an answer for that scenario. Looks like evem Military Exchanges are...
  4. shaun

Guy shot himself in hand with Glock 40

Similar event last month happened to my neighbor. Fortunately I got home seconds after it happened and was able to help control the bleeding and get him to the hospital. Yup, cleaning and the trigger solution to the mag being out.
  5. shaun

Pueblo Reservoir

Spent yesterday at Pueblo Reservoir with the wife, daughter and grandkid. Not knowing for sure if the swim/picnic area was not OC (no notice on rules board) and to keep moms from freaking out, temporarily left the Sig locked in car. Park Rangers came by so I asked where the non-opencarry areas...
  6. shaun

Route Takes Me Through Denver County

I'll be riding up on the motorcycle to Buckley Friday, which a small portion takes me into Denver county to get to I-225. I've seen forum about stopping at gas stations, etc. but was curious about getting pulled over in that section because a gun is holstered on my side. Yes, I know I could...
  7. shaun

Fountain OC Experiences

Been carrying now for a bit and less apprehensive and "gun shy" about OCing in the Fountain area. Other than a run to Tinseltown for Ironman 3, not a single issue at the following locations after numerous visits visits. Wanted to post in case anyone else was wondering about experiences in the...
  8. shaun

What do you carry?

Me, SS P250C and Butterfly. Not shown are 3 additional 15rd mags. Also not shown is the wife's carry preference (when she exercises the right): M&P 9 and a "don't f@$&$ with me" attitude.
  9. shaun

New to OC - HELPFUL Site!

Good evening everyone. After visiting for some time now, wanted to say that this forum has been a wealth of information that has been extremely helpful and informative. I'm no stranger to firearms, having spent many years on Active Duty and now a Reservist and grew up with them. It wasn't...