• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. A

West Haven Refusal to Show Permit Revocation - UPDATE!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?114811-OCer-arrested-in-West-Haven-for-refusing-to-show-permit Scott was given his permit back today by the BOFPE in a 3/3 tied decision. The 7th member of the board being absent. If he was present, Scott would have been found unsuitable and...
  2. A

Temporarily Working in SC..... Question

I know SC doesn't issue non-resident permits unless you own property in SC and they don't accept non-resident permits from other states. I will be working in SC for a few months (ice storm cleanup) and everything I've read points to me carrying a pistol in my car in a center console or glove...
  3. A

Waterbury DMV

Walked in, waited for 45 min. No seats so I was standing up. Had a G23 in a Serpa lvl 2 on my hip and a double mag pouch on my other hip. Armored car guy walks in, sees my gun and heads into the back room. There was a fury of activity, whispers and then 4 or 5 guys surround me including the...
  4. A

Starbucks Appreciation Day Newtown

Many CCDL members are planning on showing Starbucks support in Newtown tomorrow. Of course as soon as we started talking about it, many websites started denouncing the move as "Classless" and it hit local papers and TV news hours after we'd decided to go. Show your support for the 2A in...
  5. A

Legality of Spring Assisted Pocket Knives

Like all Connecticut laws dealing with self defense..... this one is unclear. I've been in South Dakota on business since April 24th. I picked up a great little knife here (Smith & Wesson SWMP1B). I'll be returning to liberal land in a week or so and need to know if this spring assisted opening...