• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Logan 5

Just in case....

I'm curious. Why do you think we have something like the Second Amendment? Hmmm. Gets one to wonder, right? Well, wonder no more! There is this little tale about this fella named Adolf- WAIT!!!!! That wasn't about ol' boy Adolf! Or was it? Let's see...unConstitutional attacks on our...
  2. Logan 5

Open carry, but use your head!

I have been inactive here for several reasons. Having a decent job (finally!) is one of them. Well, that job is why I'm here. I work the front counter in a family-friendly fast food establishment. And that's why I'm posting this. Listen, I'm all for open carry. Open carry, concealed...
  3. Logan 5

I have an idea....

Guys, I have an idea on resolving this dispute with the liberals over guns. Times have changed. So shouldn't we ask "do we REALLY need guns in our lives?" Yeah, an evil question, I know. So here's my train of thought- We get rid of the NRA, GOA and JPFO. And they get rid of the ADL, SPLC...
  4. Logan 5

Why some people hate cops

Some people hate cops. Some people love them. Some people can go either way, and some people would rather stay away. Sounds poetic, but it's true. This causes significant problems with the Second Amendment, the argument being "if you cannot respect the police should you have the right to...
  5. Logan 5

Distraught people, deadly results

This is not an anti-cop post. However, the problem is still very real no matter what color you paint it- officer-involved shootings are still very real and increasing at an alarming rate. This is an article by the Washington Post that touches this issue. "Distraught people, deadly results" --...
  6. Logan 5

We are all Rambo

An eye opener, IMO. http://www.sunad.com/index.php?tier=1&article_id=32943
  7. Logan 5

Anti-firearm business directory

I looked and couldn't find it. Or perhaps I'm just half blind. But I cannot find a listing of businesses that prohibit firearms on premises. You know, like Starbucks, Target, and the like. Is there one?
  8. Logan 5

What would you do?

Seriously. What would you do (or not do) if you witnessed a crime? 1. You're walking down the street and you see a black kid mug an old woman. 2. You're walking down the street and you see two cops mace and body slam a man in a wheelchair. 3. You're in the park and you see a man beating his...
  9. Logan 5

How do I file a complaint against a moderator?

I have had a problem with a moderator that not only has not read what I said, but has gone far enough to outright lie in public. How do I file a complaint against him?
  10. Logan 5

Another search warrant....what would you do?

Ok, for the primal illiterate morons that can't shut up about how much of this unearned hatred they have for cops...ANOTHER search warrant. What would you do? It's Monday morning. It's mid June. 07:30 hrs. You're finishing up breakfast, all dressed for work. Your kids (same as before) are...
  11. Logan 5

Fed up

I am so fed up with all this CRAP people post about cops. I can't say that I like a lot of the stuff I see as well, and yeah I tend to get ticked off by the videos I watch. Like the black kid that was minding his own business in San Jose BART, sitting there, complying with the unreasonable...
  12. Logan 5

Another no-knock warrant served....

...or is it? But this time it's at YOUR home. It's your family, that you have now, your home, as you have now, essentially it's you, NOW. It's 02:30 and someone busts down your front door. They do not announce they are cops. They do not announce they are doing a no-knock search. What are...
  13. Logan 5

A couple interesting Second Amendment pieces

A few pieces I came across today. United States v. Engstrom The question of whether the Second Amendment is an individual right or reserved only to organized militias has been answered. District of Columbia. v. Heller held that individual citizens have a right to bear arms for self-defense...
  14. Logan 5

Blackpowder resctrictions

I was talking with my state representative the other day, who is a gun lover as well, and we started on a topic I feel is worthy of discussion here. Let me be simple with the question that started it all- How often have criminal used muzzleloaders and/or flintlocks in the commission of a crime...
  15. Logan 5

veteran arrested and Charged for Legal Open Carry....

A decorated Air Force veteran pleaded not guilty this morning to a charge of “trespassing with a weapon capable of producing bodily harm,” after being arrested by police in Vancouver, Washington, for legally open carrying an AR-15 rifle. Excerpt ... Read more at...
  16. Logan 5

Trespassing, who has "credibility"?

If there is a criminal trespassing, who do you expect the cops to believe? The tenant or the trespasser? Under what circumstances would an unwelcome trespasser have the right to trespass/enter a home, if the trespasser is not the tenant, nor the owner and has no consent from the tenant?
  17. Logan 5

Here ya go....

Some road rage events can't be handled any better! :banana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RyP4dtdPrw
  18. Logan 5

Question for the kids- school shooters

I know of NO possible way for anyone to really know "for sure" (if even remotely) IF someone is going to be a "school shooter", similar to what happened at VA Tech a few years back. Am I wrong on this? I for one, though I do not OC, feel that everyone's far safer with students AND staff OC'ing...
  19. Logan 5

Seeking case law...warrantless search after arrest

Regarding officer safety & warrantless searches- If a cop arrests you, cuffs you, and then takes you into your home, with you still cuffed, does that give them the right to search your home without your consent? IIRC that doesn't, because they voluntarily enter your home and have no reason to...
  20. Logan 5

Membership inquiry

It is said that the stars represent donations to OCDO as well "...more than one star reflects either extraordinary work on behalf of gun rights or donations to one of our media campaigns." does lifetime membership count? How do we verify our contributions to groups other than OCDO and what...