• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. rapgood

Some judges DO get it!

A federal judge sitting in the Southern District of Illinois was recently confronted with a question about the constitutionality of a new Illinois law banning AR-15's. I agree that I'm stretching the rules here about something other than "open carry," but with Washington's new and similar law...
  2. rapgood

Catching up now that I'm settled back in WA

My long-time friend, Eugene Volokh (professor of Constitutional Law at UCLA), whom I have known for over 35 years (yep, he was 17 when we met and were both computer programmers), posted this very concise and clear explanation of the Second Amendment and what it means. The next time you are...
  3. rapgood

Gotta love Beto O'Roarke!

I love it when these guys unknowingly urge arming the body politic! Sniff! Sniff! Brings back memories of Clinton's antics!
  4. rapgood

Gotta love Beto O'Roarke!

I love it when these guys unknowingly urge arming the body politic! Sniff! Sniff! Brings back memories of Clinton's antics!
  5. rapgood

Seattle Anti-gunner Councilman Harrell not to run

Seattle Council anti-gunner is leaving the Seattle City Council at the end of his term, leaving candidate Tammie Morales thus-far unopposed for the seat. The real questions is, will she be any more of a supporter of the Washington and U.S. Constitutions than Harrell?
  6. rapgood

Wenatchee OC Campout May 19, 20, 21 2017

May 19, 20 & 21 it is! I currently plan to get there on the 18th. I will, of course, be bringing the Big Match!
  7. rapgood

Worley wins!

As I'm sure many of your remember, Mack Worley, then of Vancouver WA, was convicted of unlawful display of a weapon (RCW 9.41.270). The conviction was overturned on appeal (that's how most of these go), whereupon the City of Vancouver filed a Motion to Reconsider. The court summarily rejected...
  8. rapgood

WA AG issues opinion on cop body cameras (and related questions)

The Washington Attorney General has just issued an opinion on body cameras pursuant to an opinion request made by The Honorable Andy Billig, State Senator, District 3. It also creates yet more support for citizen's rights to record conversations involving LEO.
  9. rapgood

A glimmer of hope in a weary world...

I had to share this NY Times article on second thoughts about arming local police in paramilitary style.
  10. rapgood

SCOTUS unanimous decision ( RARE) on cell phone searches!

The police generally may not, without a warrant, search digital information on a cell phone seized from an individual who has been arrested. http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13pdf/13-132_8l9c.pdf
  11. rapgood

New hope in a weary world

I just got a call from a prospective client who drew his pistol in self-defense last year and was arrested for it. Kudos! to Renton where the prosecutor objectively evaluated the facts, determined that the act was self-defense, and is now returning the pistol to the defendant who was not...
  12. rapgood

Exercising your Fifth Amendment rights

There are a number of videos on exercising 5th Am. rights related to carrying. Be advised that on June 17, 2013, the U.S. Supreme Court issued a ruling in Salinas v. Texas that instructs us that now we must actually state that we are exercising our 5th Am. rights or the fact that we simply did...
  13. rapgood

Gun Facts 6.2

Gun Facts ver. 6.2 (revised and updated) is now available. http://www.gunfacts.info/ “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.” -- John F. Kennedy
  14. rapgood

Separated at birth?

15. rapgood

A good sign from congress?

I sent my latest protestation to my members of congress re: pending bad gun laws. Instead of getting the canned "I hate guns and gun owners" missive from Senator Murray, I received the following (which I think is a good sign that someone, somewhere actually might be getting a clue)... Senator...
  16. rapgood

Who owns this page?

Who is responsible for the basic Washington write up located at http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=312? Please contact me. Thanks! --Rev
  17. rapgood

Dealing with antis and the press

The English language is a wonderful language rich with words and phrases that can convey precise meanings. We pro-constitutionalists see that everyday when we hear from the likes of Washington Ceasefire, the media and even the executive. Words create images in our minds that are imbued with...
  18. rapgood

The latest from Seattle City Council member Tim Burgess

FYI - I just got this in my inbox: I sure would like to vet those numbers and the precise language of the questions posed to the 600.
  19. rapgood

Shooting attacking animals

Someone posted a question last week (or so) about the lawfulness of shooting an attacking dog (I believe, in the context of being in a place where OC is restricted). Search capabilities on this site leave much to be desired, so I thought I'd just post the info as a new thread. Washington state...
  20. rapgood

There's no magic in the numbers...

Seattle - population = 616,500 (http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=kf7tgg1uo9ude_&met_y=population&idim=place:5363000&dl=en&hl=en&q=seattle+population) Seattle - 2012 murders = 21 (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2018321758_nationalstats31m.html) Seattle murders = 1 for...