• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. rapgood

Some judges DO get it!

Yaaawn. Yeah. Typical. You ridicule attorneys right up to the moment that you need one. :ROFLMAO:
  2. rapgood

Real Attorney

Real Attorney
  3. rapgood

Some judges DO get it!

I see that you hold yourself out as an "Accomplished Advocate." By doing so, are you representing yourself as an attorney and admitted to one or more bar associations?
  4. rapgood

Some judges DO get it!

A federal judge sitting in the Southern District of Illinois was recently confronted with a question about the constitutionality of a new Illinois law banning AR-15's. I agree that I'm stretching the rules here about something other than "open carry," but with Washington's new and similar law...
  5. rapgood

WA Supreme Court preempts Edmonds firearm ordinance

Nelson said, "“On the one hand we can prohibit someone from smoking in a park, but we can’t prohibit them from bringing a handgun into a playground,” he said in a phone interview. “Does that make sense?” Well, Nelson, as an astute federal judge recently opined, (in the context of "baby...
  6. rapgood

The Right to Defy Criminal Demands: The Duties to Retreat and to Comply with Negative Demands. Eugene Volokh at Volokh Conspiracy.

hyperbole? He was simply commenting on one decision by one judge. I'm think that Eugene's article was well thought out, balanced and objective.
  7. rapgood

Refresher: Can I Carry a Firearm on a College Campus in Washington State?

According to Washington Administrative Code 478-124-020(e) possession of firearms is prohibited at colleges and universities, unless prior written approval has been obtained from the university chief of police, or any other person designated by the president of the university. WACs are...
  8. rapgood

Catching up now that I'm settled back in WA

Well...that's not exactly what I said...
  9. rapgood

This is, of course, your opinion... And 2Am gives me the right to defend it "absolutely."
  10. rapgood

My long-time friend, Eugene Volokh (professor of Constitutional Law at UCLA), whom I have known for over 35 years (yep, he was 17 when we met and were both computer programmers), posted this very concise and clear explanation of the Second Amendment and what it means. The next time you are...
  11. rapgood

Retired Federal Way LE suing Tacoma Dome for not allowing him in w/firearm

Since you do not appear to be from Washington, perhaps you are overlooking RCW 9.41.300(2)(b) which states, in relevant part: (2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances: (a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective...
  12. rapgood

Gotta love Beto O'Roarke!

Quite an accomplishment, for sure!
  13. rapgood

I love it when these guys unknowingly urge arming the body politic! Sniff! Sniff! Brings back memories of Clinton's antics!
  14. rapgood

I love it when these guys unknowingly urge arming the body politic! Sniff! Sniff! Brings back memories of Clinton's antics!
  15. rapgood

Custom AR-15 for Youth Shooting Sports Raffle

Sadly, the REALLY stupid ones don't seem to post here anymore. Sigh... I so miss the entertainment factor.
  16. rapgood

Second and Fourth Amendments. E. Volokh

Just read the Tarango decision. It doesn't get any better than that, folks! Looking forward to reading the unpublished part. This decision seriously weakens the Seattle-anti's arguments by clearly restating the strengths of 2Am and art. I, sec. 24.
  17. rapgood

18 Jan 19 Rally for Your Rights gathering

Agreed.
  18. rapgood

Seattle Anti-gunner Councilman Harrell not to run

Made my day! Haven't laughed this hard in weeks! Thanks!
  19. rapgood

Well, TPM restrictions have been long recognized and upheld by the courts.
  20. rapgood

The expression of the First Amendment can be, in certain circumstances, restricted by "time, place, and manner." Time, place and manner restrictions are content-neutral limitations imposed by the government on expressive activity. For a quick discussion on this, go here.