• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. S

Pending gun bans

Why is no one talking about the gun bans the communists currently have pending in Michigan? I can find almost nothing on them and people seem silent. They are attempting to pass “universal background checks” (I.E. a ban on private sales), “safe storage laws” (a ban on keeping guns loaded and...
  2. S

Carrying an unregistered pistol

Had an interesting conversation/argument earlier and I’m still thinking about it and thought I would get others opinions. So basically the conversation started over 80% and how to build one and still comply with Michigan’s ridiculous registration law (you just fill out the form as the buyer and...
  3. S

Cap and ball rules

Since ammunition and reloading components no longer exist and the shortage appears likely to last for at least the next 2 years if not longer (that’s how long the backorders alone are for at the distributer level from what I hear) I have taken alternative measures to continue shooting. Since I...
  4. S

Did the state just get taken over?

So with the passage of the ridiculous proposals 2 and 3 it seems to me that the communists have accomplished a monumental power grab and Michigan’s elctions will be perminantly rigged from now on with open rampant cheating. Or am I somehow reading it wrong? The new districting commision is...
  5. S

I need recommendations for a good tactical knife.

I am in need of a new tactical knife, but would like some recommendations. It needs to be a folder (my preference, and also effectively a legal requirement in Michigan) It CANNOT have a double edged blade (Michigan law forbids it) It needs to be spring assisted or an automatic I would like a...
  6. S

Wedding Problems

OK, so I have a wedding to go to next summer in Oregon and I figured I needed to start preparing now. I would have posted this on the Oregon board but it appears that no one has been there in 2 years. Oregon appears to be very carry hostile, they refuse to recognize concealed carry licenses...
  7. S

It's election day, what are you carrying?

With all the tention and media rhetoric there is at least a better than average (though not necessarily a probability) 0f violence at the polls, so what are you carrying today? Also, did you vote? If not, get a move on! This election is probably the most important in modern history. The...
  8. S

I voted, did you?

I don't think I have to say how important this election is, if you have not voted yet, get your butt out there and do it! And, I didn't even get a second look: The vest was concealed though. ;)
  9. S

Pistol registration

I remember awhile back there was a stalled bill to repeal the pistol registration, what ever happened to it?
  10. S

Open Carry at St. Clair County Community College?

I attend SC4, but I can't carry there do to their illegal policy banning carry because I don't want to get expelled, however, yesterday my English professor starts class with an announcement that certain students have been lobbying that the policy be amended to allow for Open Carry. I had...
  11. S

I may have found a novel way to challenge the GCA and NFA.

Check out this old supreme court ruling: Wisconsin V. Yoder, 406 U.S. 205 (1972) The court said in the majority opinion: "Children are 'persons' within the meaning of the Bill of Rights. We have said so over and over again." How is that important? If children have the same rights as adults...
  12. S

Open Carry on bicycles.

Thought this might help: MC: 257.79 MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (EXCERPT) Act 300 of 1949 257.79 “Vehicle” defined. Sec. 79. “Vehicle” means every device in, upon, or by which any person or property is or may be transported or drawn upon a highway, except devices exclusively moved by human power...
  13. S

Shoot out in Eureka Springs.

Five armed bank robbers vs. armed citizens, 2 bank robbers dead on scene, one 4 days later, and 2 others seriously wounded, no armed citizens hit, and no innocent bystanders hit, $70,000 returned by armed citizens to the bank. Granted it was 1922, but it's still a good story. The Wichita Eagle...
  14. S

So I gave a presentation about guns at my sisters high school yesterday.

Awhile back I was invited by my sisters forensics teacher to give a presentation on ballistics, gun laws, and just guns in general, and I was finally able to do it yesterday. I brought in a ton of promo materials that Glock sent me, enough to fill one gift bag for each of the 25-30 students in...
  15. S

Brand New leather holster, and double mag pouch for $70.13 shipped.

Well after a long search I finally got my new holster, and magazine pouch in the mail yesterday. Everything seems solid, and well made, the leather is thick, and holds both the pistol, and magazines very securely, unfortunately though this particular one shipped with a slight cosmetic...
  16. S

What can you tell me about Gould & Goodrich holsters?

I'm in the market for a cheap leather 1911 holster, and double magazine pouch, as I mentioned in the other thread, and I think I may have found some made by Gould & Goodrich, but I know nothing about the company, do they make a good product?, how is their customer service?, do they have a...
  17. S

Recommend a good leather holster, and mag pouch.

So I'm looking for a holster, and double mag pouch (or 2 singles) for my new 1911, I primarily intend it for OC when I want to dress up a bit, I.E. formal/business wear for things like social functions, protests, voting, and government meetings. Basically it's not for everyday carry, but I...
  18. S

College carry.

Am I correct in my interpretation that the only colleges NOT covered by preemption are the "big 3"? I ask because I am considering starting college soon (better late than never), and I strongly dislike the idea of going unarmed. It will be a community college so I assume I am protected by...
  19. S

So I was invited to speak at a highscool about guns, carry, gun laws, and the 2a.

So I've been invited to speak at my sisters high school about Concealed carry (I'll be sure to talk about open to), the application process, guns, gun laws, and 2A issues in general.:D:dude: Apparently while in her forensics class (yes apparently that is a high school course now) the topic of...
  20. S

So who was at Mcdonalds at 9 mile near Kelly today?

I was busy messing with my phone, at McDonald's today, I was in the booth across from the counter, an didn't notice you until you were leaving, but thought I'd say hi. I'm seeing more, and more people OCing lately, and while I was sitting there the guy in the next booth was speaking possitively...