• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. K

duckhead92@gmail.com

duckhead92@gmail.com
  2. K

St. Louis Zoo: communication log + TRO filing/status + legal/financial help needed

I will continue to host things for you on Google docs.
  3. K

Universal background checks

I think these bills are intended to rile up the anti-gunners, but they pretty much backfire every year, and get the pro folks lined up against them. So, not only do they never make it on the calendar, it does them negative good will. So, they can keep on filing them forever for all I care.
  4. K

SB 656 Truly Agreed and Finally Passed

http://www.senate.mo.gov/16info/BTS_Web/Bill.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=22246426 The newest omnibus bill is out of the legislature and onto Wrong Way Jay. I expect a veto, and an override. I'm not sure what's in the final bill. I didn't see it posted yet, but I liked what came out of the...
  5. K

Sept 11 veto override session

I just received Representative Tom Jones email on the override session. If you don't know Rep. Jones, he's the Speaker of the House from the Eureka area. Anyways, his email mentioned the guiding principles for the override session and said that many of the vetoed bills fall under there. He...
  6. K

Odd request

Does anyone have the text of the former, repealed, no longer applicable, defunct pistol permit law? I can't seem to find it, and I want to make sure I'm right about something before I open my big fat mouth Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  7. K

2013 firearms bills

This one looks like something I can support. http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/biltxt/intro/HB0170I.htm Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
  8. K

2012 House Bills

Received an email from Rep. Jones today (Majority Floor Leader). He was extolling the virtues of 3 bills of interest to us: HB1319 (CCW age lowered to 18 for some, flashing not illegal, defines process determining whether or not some adjudicated to be firearms-disabled by federal law will be...
  9. K

NRA and 2012 legislation

Well, the NRA has finally noticed our state, and has informed us of 3 pro-gun bills in the House. In case you were wondering, none of them are related to open carry... Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
  10. K

HB1369 status

This bill has a committee hearing scheduled for tomorrow February 21st @ noon in hearing room 4. Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
  11. K

OC Bill SB680 progress

This bill has had a second reading and had been assigned to committee as of 2/2/2012 Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
  12. K

Nixon signs HB294

Today Jay Nixon signed HB294 into law, according to NRA ILA. I don't have any more details than that. If anyone sees any comments the Governor might have made, I would love to read them.
  13. K

MO Dept of Conservation Ranges

So, the MDC has a number of ranges in the state. Most of them are unmanaged, but there are 1/2 dozen or so managed ranges. 2 are in the KC area, and I've been to both recently. At both ranges, there is a sign outside of the buildings that say No Concealed Weapons, and all weapons must be...
  14. K

Kansas City MO Zoo?

So, I'm going to the KC Zoo tomorrow for some Scout function. I was wondering if it was legal for me to carry. How annoying is that to find out. First, Google says nothing about it. The Zoo has no policies posted anywhere. My first issue is to find out who owns the property. It looks to be...
  15. K

CC in City parks

So, Parkville MO (near KC) has an ordinance explicitly prohibiting carrying weapons in city park. But, all of their city codes are out of date with respect to CC in general. They certainly have the authority to prohibit OC under the state constitution, but I don't know about CC. I don't...
  16. K

Who knew CCW training was so dangerous?

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/12/2721361/death-of-man-in-gun-class-investigated.html I don't really know anything more than this, but shooting yourself in the chest sounds out of scope for the class... Well crap, posted that to the wrong state, sorry about that.. ......--Moderator Note--...
  17. K

Kansas City area non OC cities

1. Parkville prohibits weapons in city parks, and all CC weapons. The CC prohibitions are unconstitutional in general. OC looks OK except for city parks. I don't know if they can ban CC in city parks, but I would think not. http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/parkville-slp/ section 215.160...
  18. K

I love living in KC!

After the Open Carry meeting, I stopped on the way home at the QT at I-435 and 24 Highway. That's not a hugely safe place, so I went ahead and carried inside. Said hello to the gal behind the counter, and went to the bathroom. Got out and got a drink. While putting the lid on, I saw a KCMO...
  19. K

Missouri Stop and ID?

I know with a CCW endorsement, I have to produce my endorsement if I'm carrying concealed, but what's the status on stop and ID laws in general? The closest I can get is RSMo 84.710 http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C000-099/0840000710.HTM which appears to apply to KC's PD specifically.
  20. K

Community American Credit Union KC

This is an odd mix. The location on 64th street says "No firearms", but isn't compliant with the law for no CC. The location on N Oak has a compliant no weapons (including CC) warning. It's surprising they don't have consistent signage, but I'm guessing they intend to forbid all carrying...