• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. T

Target asking customers not to carry in their store...

Well that's a blow huh? Boyscout what do you think about this? I know you said in the past that you go to Target over Wal-Mart since they are OC friendly. Have you carried openly at Target lately? If so, did you have any issues?
  2. T

OC in Hampton?

I plan on open carrying at Hampton beach this coming weekend. Just curious if the cops there are OC friendly or?
  3. T

How can I legally protect my gun while open carrying in rain/snow?

I was thinking of putting plastic baggie over it. I am just not sure if that would be considered a concealed weapon? I know I definitely don't want to just carry it in the rain and let it get wet. I meant gun not gin in the title.
  4. T

Where did you OC in Maine

Instead of starting a new thread I am just going to use this one to share my OC stories.* Today I was walking down rt 1 in Saco crossing into Scarborough to go to the Seafood store by rite aid. Usually walking down RT1 nobody notices I am carrying due to the traffic traveling at a high rate...
  5. T

A thank you to the longtime OCers in Maine!

I just wanted to thank all you guys for the work you've done to for the most part normalise open carry in Maine. I have been carrying for a few weeks now without any major issues. (there was the one manager at Hannaford in Saco that asked me to leave but he turned out to be in the wrong...
  6. T

Maine attempting to limit magazines ot 10 rounds?

I did not see this in any other post, sorry if it is discussed somewhere else, if so please delete. We need to write/call our elected officials and tell them we oppose this ridiculous bill. Any thoughts on whether or not it will become law...
  7. T

Buying my first handgun seeking advice.

So I am buying a gun this week and I need some advice. I am using it mainly for home defense as my home was recently broken into while I sat on my couch! Luckily I was able to overpower the psycho! I will admit I am ignorant when it comes to caliber and all that. I am looking for something...
  8. T

Armed civilian shoots two armed robbers at internet cafe.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82664299/ Link to a video of a two men with guns trying to rob a internet cafe.. A patron shoots at the robbers and they flea.. Thought some of you might find it interesting.
  9. T

Can I carry a long gun and a side arm at the same time?

I have searched a few different sites and looked up laws but wanted to double check... Would it be legal for me to carry a long gun and a side arm at the same time? I only ask because I believe this issue was discussed a while back but I can't locate the thread. Thanks, Me
  10. T

Is MA a stop and identify state?

I did limited research and did not find anything on stop and identify statues.... can anyone verify that there is indeed no stop and identify statues in MA?
  11. T

Can a city or town prevent me from openly carrying a firearm?

EDIT: Sorry I should have read the FAQ first.. Moderator feel free to delete this thread.