• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. J_Oliver

Coming to South Carolina for the weekend

So, I live in NC and ive been to SC many times before but never open carried there before. So I guess my question is, what can i expect? i carry a g19 in a lvl 2 serpa. is this alright? any other advice you can think of would be appreciated! Thank you! BTW, I'll be at dunes villiage resort from...
  2. J_Oliver

Moving to Thomasville

So, I'm moving to Thomasville next weekend, furniture capital of NC. Anybody open carry in that area? Anyone wanna get together for lunch sometime that knows an OC-friendly restaurant? Anything else I should know?
  3. J_Oliver

Interesting experiance in CFBG studio

While perusing craigslist one day, I found an ad for CFBG co-op. It's an art studio and record store. Well, it just so happened that I had close to 100 vinyl records I was looking to get rid of before I move. I figured I'd head down there, unload my records, make a little money and call it a...
  4. J_Oliver

Level 3 Serpa safety notice and recall

I dunno if anyone has seen this yet or not. I figured I'd try to inform the masses. Its a safety notice and recall for serpa level three light-bearing holsters. http://www.blackhawk.com/replacement/default.aspx Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  5. J_Oliver

Just a poll

I have access to 19 acres of mostly cleared semifarm land in McLeansville. I'm considering an outdoor range day hosted there and I want to see who would be interested. It probably won't be until august or september, and we'll pick a definitive date as I figure out more details. I don't have many...
  6. J_Oliver

Chapel hill OC

So just a question, is OC legal on franklin street? Or it the entirety of it considered property of UNC? Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  7. J_Oliver

Gun vaults in the car

I have a lockbox by GunVault strapped to the seat support in my truck, as many people probably do. If my G19 is locked up and I'm in the vehicle, is it considered concealed whereas I can get in trouble for it? It is within reach, and locked. And I know the law makes no distinction between...
  8. J_Oliver

Legalities of purchase

So, I have a friend who has a felony from 23 years ago. About 7 years ago, he purchased, inadvertantly, a few handguns from his brother on a pawn kind of system. Hew loaned his brother the money and held onto the firearms for him. At the time he didn't realize he wasn't supposed to have them nor...
  9. J_Oliver

Assorted holsters

So I have stumbled upon an ad for a guy selling a few holsters. And was wanting some opinions on them. The first is the safariland model 070. The second is a safariland model 1051 shoulder holster. He also has a nice drop leg by safariland that im considering for use while on my ATV. The gun...
  10. J_Oliver

State preemption

So as I'm reading through the freshly passed laws, I happen to notice something about state preemption. Does the new law now allow OC on public sidewalks in chapel hill and carry? Or am I reading into this wrong? Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  11. J_Oliver

Happy holidays!

To the NC OCDO family as well as all extended OCDO members, stay vigilant. As this is the time of year that will cause even the most harmless, well-meaning people that have fallen on hard times to take desperate, dangerous measures. We all have read the stories of the things that can happen when...