• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. H

2014 Carry - New to AZ

I am looking to make sure that I have done my research correctly and understand the laws that Arizona has in place to restrict our second amendment rights. I open carried in Wisconsin before they had concealed carry in effect and moved to Texas shortly after it was implemented. Never carried in...
  2. H

Armed Robbery in my town...

This took place 6/15/12 (Friday) Link to article here <SNIP> Marshfield police have responded to an "ongoing emergency situation" on North Central Avenue that poses an "extraordinary threat," according to a Wood County Dispatch alert sent out Friday morning. Police have closed North Central...
  3. H

OC'd today...my first time

Did like the title said. Went to the range for some practice and then needed some gas. Decided to OC for my first time at *The Store* gas station. No one freaked out. A couple people noticed and smiled. That was about it. Nervous...but felt good to finally do it.
  4. H

Safariland ALS or SLS?

Hello everyone, I am looking for a safariland holster for OC. I own a blackhawk serpa and I do not like it. The draw feels smooth and everything but in my opinion I think that releasing the lock with my thumb would be more comfortable. I was hoping to find out the differences between ALS and...
  5. H

A letter I wrote...with your help

Thank You to all who tried to help make the letter better and had constructive replies. I will let you know of the outcome.
  6. H

Help with a letter.

~done~
  7. H

Need Help Persuading a Company

~thanks~
  8. H

How to respond to church carry

I have been a member of the forums a while and I read up on threads. I see the threads about why should someone carry in a church or what should someone say if they are carrying while at church. Well here is my .02 cents worth. Someone:"Why are you carrying that firearm in a church!" Your...
  9. H

Need some input

So, i am looking into a handgun and have been looking at what they have in my area. Glocks, XDs, Taurus, 1911s, ect. I have narrowed it down due to price and how it fits my hands. Each one fits my hands and i like the both very much. The main difference is one is full sized and the other is more...
  10. H

So where does this leave people under age of 21

I have been reading around and i see that you have to be 21 to get the permit. So what can someone 18-20 do? I know all the current restrictions and laws here in WI but what is it going to be like to OC after the bill gets signed? I see stuff posted repeated here all the time and i hope im not...
  11. H

trying to find a video

Hello, I am trying to find a video i saw from this forum once. It was a video why to carry a firearm that had an older man narrating it and it started out with a sickening 911 call where a lady is heard being shot over the phone as she is begging for help. Also, any other good vids you may...
  12. H

Good Articles on Open Carry *NEEDED*

Hey everyone Already posted this into my state forum but figured it might see more of you here. I am looking for a recent article on open carry that i could present to my speech class and spark a great discussion. Any ideas? *I am well versed in the laws regarding open carry in my state...
  13. H

Need a Controversial Article

Hello everyone, My speech teacher has given us the assignment to find a controversial news article and i cannot think of anything better to talk about than open carry! Just need help finding a good recent article regarding it. Thanks in advanced -HOJ
  14. H

Police officer in Wis. killed, another wounded

Anyone hear about this? I found out from a Milwaukee police officer. I don't see it posted here. I mean how freaking bad is it to serve your country just to come home and be shot by some P.O.S. who took his own life in the end.:mad:
  15. H

Multitool @ Tech College?

Hello, I hope this is something you can answer for me but i have a Gerber multi-tool similar to the one in the pic below. It has a knife, saw, scissors, file, screwdriver, and all the good stuff you can expect of a quality Gerber multi-tool. I was wondering if there is anything anywhere that...
  16. H

A question for everyone

So today i went in to the social security office in wis. rapids to request a new card and i see a lot of overly huge no firearm signs all over some with writing underneath that had reference to a statue. I have read up on the laws of OC in wisconsin over the last few months or so and i...
  17. H

Would you go for this?

A 1st Gen Glock 21 with 3 hi-cap magazines for $300 from a friend of mine. Lets put aside the whole if you like a glock or not.
  18. H

Empty Holster

How many of you wear an empty holster in places that you cannot have your firearm on you? Main places would be schools & your workplace where the employer has a no firearms policy to "protect" its employees.
  19. H

.45 Para Ordnance Holster

.45 that closely resembles mine I am a left handed shooter and this firearm has been perfect for me with the thumb safety that can be engaged or disengaged on each side of the firearm. I have been searching through a few sites and have seen a ton of holsters all in a variety of price ranges and...