• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

Arlington Open Carry April Meetup

imported post Come out for a Tex-Mex lunch and good conversation with like-minded people at Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Cafe in the heart of Ballston. We will: eat tons of chips and salsa, order burritos, enchiladas, and possibly guacamole, and talk about politics, hunting, VA gun laws, political...
  2. B

Anyone want to get together to OC in Arlington?

imported post Are there any upcoming OC events in Arlington? If not, are there any other gun owners in Arlington who would like to meet up and actually have an OC event here? I'm thinking maybe an OC breakfast at Bob and Edith's, or maybe just a walk from Ballston to Courthouse and back while...
  3. B

Is there an "Open Carry VA" type group in VA?

imported post I just watched a YouTube video of an open carrier in Michigan being pulled over and detained and harassed by cops who thought it was illegal for him to carry openly because he had a CCW. Unbelievable. Anyway, the video was posted by a group called "Michigan Open Carry, Inc."...
  4. B

Is it legal to OPEN carry a shotgun in Shenandoah National Park?

imported post My understanding is that as of Feb. 22, 2010 it is now legal to *concealed* carry in Shenanodah National Park, but does anyone know if it is also legal to *open* carry a shotgun (i.e. just carry it in my hand or in a shotgun scabbard on my pack, chamber empty with four in the...