• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Griz

St. Louis Zoo: communication log + TRO filing/status + legal/financial help needed

Thanks for all of your hard work BB! Do you have any links or a synopsis? I'm very curious to know how it played out. Edit: Found the court fling on case.net, but I just can't translate the legalese. The restraining order and paying legal fees is dropped, but still can't open carry at the zoo?
  2. Griz

Rittenhouse prosecutor Assistant District Attorney KRAUSE mentions John Pierce.

didn't just happen to be there, he made an effort to go there and on top of that an effort to be armed with that skateboard. didn't just happen to be there, he made an effort to go there and on top of that an effort to be armed with that pistol. change the wording just a little. almost the...
  3. Griz

Hornaday has fallen

Too bad, I did like their ammunition. They have the freedom to make the mandate, I have the freedom to spend my money elsewhere.
  4. Griz

O'Fallon Chief Resigns

It's a shame really. One of his positions regarding criminals during a car chase summed up as, "We will chase you. We will catch you, and we will throw you in jail." I think he was speaking to the less savory of the denizens of a large city east of his jurisdiction. I agree with the pro-law...
  5. Griz

O'Fallon Chief Resigns

and the fallout. https://krcgtv.com/amp/news/local/some-missouri-police-cut-ties-with-atf-due-to-new-gun-law St. Louis is, of course, wetting their pants.
  6. Griz

O'Fallon Chief Resigns

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Perhaps he was concerned for his own failings? https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/21/missouri-police-chief-resigns-says-new-second-amendment-bill-would-fine-individual-officers-up-to-50k/
  7. Griz

Has anyone carried antique handguns openly in South Carolina? It is legal.

Doug, Solus, thanks for your input. I've learned vast amounts of information from this website, and tried to contribute in my limited way. Shouldn't be surprised when points of contention arise, but hate to see it detract from such excellent content. My apologies for the thread's sidebar.
  8. Griz

Has anyone carried antique handguns openly in South Carolina? It is legal.

is there a story, reader digest version would be appreciated, how you got your own personal stalker on this site?
  9. Griz

Open carry still alive in Missouri?

When you can't get numbers right because a decimal point fooled you, it's either lying or idiocy.
  10. Griz

Open carry still alive in Missouri?

Still open carry, here.
  11. Griz

Chitcago Now LARGEST Outdoor Shooting Range in America

and absolute silence from BLM.
  12. Griz

Biden snaps at Michigan auto worker over guns, curses at him

That's been every Presidential election that I've been eligible to vote.
  13. Griz

Magazine Limits

You guys just got open carry rolling along. Hope you guys don't let this garbage fly. https://kfor.com/2020/01/22/bill-would-limit-gun-magazine-size/ Well according to House Bill 2940, it's a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition. "You don’t need those that carry 30, 40, 50...
  14. Griz

Universal background checks

I agree, but it doesn't hurt to remind them we are still here, and watching.
  15. Griz

Universal background checks

Couple of house bills trying to gain traction. Not sure if Mike Parsons would veto after stating he'd support stricter gun control. https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/news/missouri-bills-criminalize-firearm-safety/
  16. Griz

Emailing Sheriff

more spam reported
  17. Griz

Eastern WA OC Report

contracts are only worth the lawyers used to violate them.
  18. Griz

Walmart requesting no one open carry in stores

Why is anyone waiting for them to put their ammunition on sale? I'm not going to give them another dime. Let it rot on the shelf if they are that worried about it killing someone. Hypocrites.
  19. Griz

Query

To be as explicit as possible, I used to carry a small 9mm Springfield with no locking retention device in a holster that was designed specifically for the firearm. I would always remove the gun from the holster when donning or doffing. Personally, I just didn't want to take the chance of a mishap.