• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. USNA69

Who needs a gun in Portsmouth

Resident pulls weapon, fires at would-be robbers Two intruders escape, while two suspects face charges – Cindy Clayton, The Pilot 04 OCT 13 PORTSMOUTH Four people entered a home on Long Point Boulevard armed and masked and intent on robbing their victims, police said. But the...
  2. USNA69

Guns & Ammo - NSA Tracking Credit Card Puchases (PRISM) and Internet Activity

If NSA is monotoring and tracking credit card purchases, then I have resolved to pay cash for any future purchases of firearms or ammunition. Further, I will no longer purchase any firearm-related items over the Internet. With all that data available to the gummint, there is no real need for...
  3. USNA69

This Is What We Are Up Against

I hope my neighbors did not hear me screaming at my newspaper, as I read this LTE this morning. Despite mentally composing a number of responses, I chose to do nothing ... except to forward to you this example of the success of anti-2A brainwashing in our Nation. LTE, Norfolk Virginian-Pilot...
  4. USNA69

LEOs Get To Carry Guns, Because ....

.... they are well trained, reliable, and experienced ... whereas we citizens are not. http://on.wtkr.com/cSWkDqb
  5. USNA69

Dash/Windshield Mounted Video Cameras and State Laws

Fellow OCers, The subject of dashcams came up in another thread, but I wanted to begin a new one in order to give the issue visibility. Most of us already know the value of carrying a digital voice recorder (DVR). The dashcam is a logical extension of the ability to record an event for our...
  6. USNA69

Oopsie ... Virginian-Pilot's Bias Is Showing Again

This article appeared in Saturday's Norfolk Virginian-Pilot: http://epilot.hamptonroads.com/Olive/ODE/VirginianPilot/LandingPage/LandingPage.aspx?href=VmlyZ2luaWFuUGlsb3QvMjAxMy8wMS8xOQ..&pageno=MTk.&entity=QXIwMTkwNg..&view=ZW50aXR5 That prompted me to submit a LTE, taking the reporter to...
  7. USNA69

Who needs a gun in Loganville GA?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-hiding-kids-shoots-intruder/nTm7s/ Well played by the mother. Retreat as far as you can. If the intruder comes for you there, you are legitimately in fear for your and your childrens' lives ... and have met the test for responding with a firearm. Too...
  8. USNA69

Who needs a gun near ODU

From the Thursday, 22 Nov Norfolk Virginian-Pilot: STUDENT AT ODU REPORTS SEXUAL ASSAULT NEAR CAMPUS NORFOLK | An Old Dominion University student was sexually assaulted in her off-campus residence early Wednesday by an unknown man wearing a mask, police said. The assault happened at 4:30 a.m...
  9. USNA69

Old Dominion University in the news ... again

From the Tuesday, 25 June, Norfolk Virginian-Pilot: Norfolk ODU REPORTS SEXUAL ASSAULT OF STUDENT A man sexually assaulted a female student in a residence hall at Old Dominion University about 3 a.m. Sunday, the university said. He was with a guest of a resident, said university spokeswoman...
  10. USNA69

Public Building Partially Containing a Court

I have searched for, but cannot find the post which cited a court case addressing the situation of access to a public building in Virgina, which contains a court, as well as other public services. Can anyone cite this case?
  11. USNA69

OC at the Polls

Excerpt (page 92) of SBE Guidance to Election Officers My friend and Election Official gave this to me at the polls after I voted. Click the image to expand it to readable size. It speaks for itself.
  12. USNA69

OC at the Polls

Could not locate the old thread about a member's interaction with the Board of Elections about the improper instructions to Precinct Chiefs about voter OC. If I recall, the member had provided the correct wording to the BOE, but never received confirmation that the corrections had been made. I...
  13. USNA69

Norfolk Virginian-Pilot - Citizen Commentary

In Sunday's Pilot: http://epilot.hamptonroads.com/Olive/ODE/VirginianPilot/Default.aspx?href=VirginianPilot%2F2012%2F02%2F19&pageno=24&view=document Synopsis: I know guns; I have guns; but, why would you need that many guns? I am drafting my response LTE right now.
  14. USNA69

ODU OKs GUN BAN

At long last, the nightmare of gun-related violence on the campus of ODU has ended. http://epilot.hamptonroads.com/Olive/ODE/VirginianPilot/LandingPage/LandingPage.aspx?href=VmlyZ2luaWFuUGlsb3QvMjAxMi8wMS8xMw..&pageno=MQ..&entity=QXIwMDEwMQ..&view=ZW50aXR5 Now that this complete ban on the...
  15. USNA69

A bit off-topic: Video and Audio Recording of LEOs

Many of us carry voice recorders, so this article may be of interest. It appeared in the Norfolk Virginian-Pilot on Saturday, 10 Dec...
  16. USNA69

VCDL Campus Protest @ ODU, 11/1/11 @12:30 pm

VCDL PROTEST @ ODU, 12:30 PM, 01 NOVEMBER Just received from PVC: _________________________ ************************************************** 1. PROTEST AT ODU IS ON - MARK YOUR CALENDARS! ************************************************** VCDL is teaming up with the Old Dominion University...
  17. USNA69

ODU Hopes to Copy the Wildly Successful Va Tech Model

In an effort to simplify crime and massacre planning for the BGs, ODU seeks to ban guns from campus by regulation. http://epilot.hamptonroads.com/Olive/ODE/VirginianPilot/LandingPage/LandingPage.aspx?href=VmlyZ2luaWFuUGlsb3QvMjAxMS8wOS8xOQ..&pageno=Mw..&entity=QXIwMDMwMQ..&view=ZW50aXR5
  18. USNA69

Digital Voice Recorders and Recording Conversations in PA

I am a Virginia resident; I will be visiting PA this weekend. I have reviewed PA gun laws regarding OC and CC and know that PA is very gun-friendly and recognizes my VA Concealed Handgun Permit. As a rule, when carrying at any time in VA, I also carry a digital voice recorder (DVR) and have it...
  19. USNA69

Chesapeake LEOs with Cameras

Interesting article in Monday's Virginian-Pilot. http://epilot.hamptonroads.com/OLIVE/ODE/VIRGINIANPILOT/LandingPage/LandingPage.aspx?href=VmlyZ2luaWFuUGlsb3QvMjAxMS8wOC8wOA..&pageno=MTM.&entity=QXIwMTMwMg..&view=ZW50aXR5 Will be interesting to learn if the video files are archived and...
  20. USNA69

Virginia War Museum

I last visited the then-War Memorial Museum in 1954 when I was 8 and lived in the adjoining Ferguson Park Apartments. I am pretty sure that I took my cap pistol, but I can't remember being ejected. I may have to visit again with my "grown-up" cap pistol. Admittedly, this image is a tad...