• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Q

80% pistol rules

Hi there, been a while since I've visited. Who can give me a for sure answer (as opposed to the "well I think maybe" answers I've found) to the question of building my own pistol from an 80% kit? If if I buy one and complete it does it need to be serialized and registered? I believe federal law...
  2. Q

Saw a no guns sign! Harvey's in Saginaw.

First one I've ever noticed. Had lunch at Harvey's grill and bar in saginaw today. As we're walking up to the door I see a small sign with a crossed out handgun. Sad to know that Harvey's wants to make sure criminals will be safe at their business. Should I call, email, write a letter or...
  3. Q

Sorry but I've gotta ask a couple CC related questions.

I know, this is the OC site. I don't have anywhere else to ask these things. Finally got my CPL here in Saginaw. Don't even get me started on how ridiculous the "we will give you further consideration" letter and interview was. Anyway... 1. Carrying in the car. Can my gun be laying on the seat...
  4. Q

Going to CPL class. Have some general questions.

I'm going to take a CPL class this weekend assuming I don't die in the heat. I was hoping for some info on what actually goes on in a class. Should I bring pen and paper for notes? Do you take a quiz? I need to bring 100 rounds of ammo for my 40 which would be about $34. I'm pretty sure he said...
  5. Q

Did Walmart stop selling CCI Blazer Brass?

imported post Even with the "ammo shortage" there are 4 walmarts around me where I could sometimes find CCI Blazer Brass 40S&W at about $14/50. I thought it was great ammo but sadly I haven't seen it at any of the 4 walmarts in some time. They all have Winchester white box which I guess is ok...
  6. Q

Trying to come up with a list of OC/CC, CPL/noCPL requirements

imported post My goal is to build a list or chart that shows where you cant OC, where you cant CC, and where you require a CPL for OC/CC. I had asked about this before and got some information, so I plugged that data in. I need info on schools/colleges, government building like post office...
  7. Q

Any recommended places for CPL class around saginaw?

imported post I've finally got some money saved up and want to get my CPL just so I can OC everywhere I should be able to anyway and easily take the gun in the car. Anyone have a place they know is good in the saginaw or tri-city area? I DO NOT like the people at Duncans outdoor shop and would...
  8. Q

A good tactical/thigh type holster?

imported post I'm looking for a decent tactical/thigh style holster for a sigma. I have a blackhawk serpa holster that is great up on my belt but I'd like to have something lower and not have to be tucking my jacket behind it. What is good out there?
  9. Q

I messed up. No OC at ANY place selling alcohol?

imported post I thought I had researched OC'ing fully before I jumped in but it looks like I did not. Lucky for me a member just informed me of my mistake before any problems came up. I do NOT have a cpl. It's just to much money for a little card right now. I swear I had read this information...
  10. Q

Who OC's in the Sag/mid/bay area?

imported post I've just started OC'ing a little around my apartment in Saginaw(right by green acres plaza). I've been in kroger, rite-aid, wendy's, and just walking around for some exercise. Haven't even noticed a reaction yet, let alone had any issues. Kinda funny because the same weekend I...
  11. Q

Where to shoot around saginaw? Not Duncan's.

imported post I need a place to shoot in the saginaw, mi area. An indoor pistol range would be nice but an outdoor range that is kept accessible during winter is ok. Will join a club if needed. I guess I would mostly be shooting my pistol, although I do have a couple carbines/rifle/shotgun I...