• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. N

LB289 castle doctrine

Has anyone heard what happened to LB289. This was the rewording of the NE version of the "castle doctrine? I first heard about it in March and haven't heard squat about it since.
  2. N

Slow action in Nebraska

Haven't seen any new post's from anyone lately. I've beend doing some OC/CC in my home town and had some stares when OC'ing but no one called the cops in my small town. I haven't been able to cross the river to Iowa yet. Anybody had any experiences in the last month?
  3. N

CC at the mall

Last Saturday I ventured out to the Westroads mall with the fam. I did not let them know that I was doing it because I did want to hear about it from her and the kids looking at me the whole time in the places we went. Had no issues, not one person was aware that I had it the whole day. I was...
  4. N

New CCer

A week ago I received my permit. It has taken me about another week to find the right time and place to take it out of the house. In Nebraska you really cant take it out every where you would think. If you read the law about it, there is only three places you CAN have it with you. 1. On your...
  5. N

New delay period for permit in Nebraska

imported post I was reading some of the NE statues and on statue 69-2430 states (3)(a) Until January 1, 2010, the permit to carry a concealed handgun shall be issued by the Nebraska State Patrol within five business days after completion of the applicant's criminal history record information...
  6. N

Delay change on new permits

imported post I was reading some of the NE statues and on statue 69-2430 states (3)(a) Until January 1, 2010, the permit to carry a concealed handgun shall be issued by the Nebraska State Patrol within five business days after completion of the applicant's criminal history record information...
  7. N

Confused on the CCW laws

imported post I just read the statues for NE and the way I read itis, You cant carry it about any wherepublic unless you are in your vehicles.Now the statue 18-1703 that passed on Aug 19 from the AG of NE states that no village or city shall reject or override a CCW law. Is this correct?
  8. N

OC and CCW in Nebraska city

imported post Nebraska's AG is trying to change the rules for CC's where local township laws do not oversee the states rule about CC. My question is what are the laws about OC in where I live in Nebraska city.. and how should I go about finding this out without drawing attention from the local gov?
  9. N

OCing in a small town in Nebraska

imported post Nebraska's AG is trying to change the rules for CC's where local township laws do not oversee the states rule about CC. My question is what are the laws about OC in where I live in Nebraska city.. and how should I go about finding this out without drawing attention from the local gov?