• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. D

Has anyone OC'd since Newtown Shooting?

I'm just curious. I'd guess the cops are on a hair trigger right now with respect to firearms rights. Don
  2. D

This could have serious positive influence as far as individuals suing the Fed. Govt

http://lpin.org/2011/12/08/rhineholds-blog-a-possible-liberty-comeback/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
  3. D

Thanks again to all of you.

So as many of you know I don't OC but strongly support those who do. As some of you also know, the proven legality of OC has allowed me to comfortably carry larger firearms that I shoot better without the worry about exposure. So last night we decided to do some high brow shopping for couches...
  4. D

Maybe the MA OC fight should be taken up by out of staters

I'm thinking that if non-res permit holders pushed it,things might work out better. No police chief to felate And my ct permit would not be affected. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. D

Is there a statute mandating a certain distance from houses when shooting?

Hi all. I realize this isn't germane to OC but the people in this forum know CT law better than on any other gun forum. The Killingly situation got me searching. I was sure that the state law was 500 ft. I even recited the text of the CGS to a friend: 500 ft from buildings containing...
  6. D

My student just submitted her app for a PP to Windsor, without references.

References are requested on the Windsor instructions. I'll let you all know, how it goes. Don
  7. D

Police Seizure of Unrelated Firearms After an Arrest.

Hi all, I've noticed an alarming tendency for police to get a warrant and seize all of the firearms a person owns after an arrest for what appear to be non-violent offenses. ex: A restraining order issued as a result of a divorce disagreement. Classic he said/she said and the cops come to...
  8. D

Has a permit holder ever been arrested for carrying concealed in New Britain.

Hi all. As I'm sure you are aware NB has an ordinance against concealed carry. I'm curious if a permit holder has ever been prosecuted for this, and what the outcome was. I'm hoping that Rich and Ed or others can weigh in on this. Don
  9. D

Looks like this OCer got sucked in by some overzealous cops.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/man-arrested-for-packing-gun-at-boynton-beach-1074340.html
  10. D

This is how its done: PA man gets paid for an illegal stop

http://articles.mcall.com/2010-11-20/news/mc-paul-carpenter-gun-right-20101120_1_gun-control-allentown-lawyer-dale-stokes
  11. D

Small Claims Lawsuits - Death By a Thousand Cuts??

RichB and others have been unlawfully detained several times. There is little chance of ever actually making case law in criminal court because the cases are always dismissed. What if, however, every stop resulted in a suit? A small claims suit cost $35 to file and could cost the...
  12. D

Clarity on Req't to provide your Permit? Thoughts on drivers license.

Hi all, I'm stopping in for my weekly read and saw a trend that maybe I'd missed before. In many instances where you all have encounters with LEOs they ask for your drivers licenses in addition to your pistol permits. I'm curious to know why you comply with that request? If you are not...
  13. D

Is the Gun-Free Zone Act of 1996 Still in Effect

Hi all, I know its not open carry in CT related, but there are some very knowledgible people on this forum and I'd like them to weigh in. It was my understanding that the Lopez case overturned it. Now I see it was reenacted in '96, it appears the 1000 ft rule is still in effect. I thought...
  14. D

New Pistol Permit App does Not require a Certified Check but Municipality Still Wants One

imported post I picked up a new PP app for a class I'm giving and noticed it didn't ask for certified checks anymore. But my towns instructions still do. Is there any statute requiring certified funds? (10/09 revision) Don
  15. D

How has the Hartford Courant article affected you?

imported post Its affected me in a subtle but significant way. When I carry for defensive purposes, I've decided that I am best served by carrying concealed. I don't want to debate this but thats the conclusion I've arrived at. Based on the courant article I would feel more comfortable...
  16. D

Support growing for open carry in Connecticut - keep hitting this poll!

imported post www.courant.com We've had the law on our side. Now no cop can claim ignorance. In case you dont get the print edition, this is the lead story in todays Sunday courant!!!!!
  17. D

Is Anyone Planning to Open Carry At 2nd Amendment March This Weekend?

imported post I'm just trying to get a read on this. Thanks, Don
  18. D

Coming in from out of state, need advice on legal carry.

imported post Hi all, I'm going to be coming into Maine for a shooting class. I will be bringing a pistol to the class. I'm from CT and have a valid New Hampshire pistol permit. After the class I am sure we will want to grab some dinner in Maine. I have an ethical problem storing a gun in...