• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Reverend BCal

The charges have been dropped!

My attorney just informed me that after filing the appeal for my bogus HyVee/OC related charges he had a lengthy conversation with the prosecuting attorney. The prosecutor apparantly spoke with HyVee corporate/store manager and they decided that they don't want to "exclude anyone from shopping...
  2. Reverend BCal

Found Guilty in St. joseph

I was found guilty in municipal court this morning of trespass and disorderly conduct relating to my two encounters with SJPD at HyVee. One officer blatantly lied in court about the trespass directly affecting the judge's opinion. The judge also refused to allow me to question the officer's...
  3. Reverend BCal

Arrested at HyVee...Need Attorney Suggestions.

I was openly carrying at HyVee last night and was arrested for Trespassing and Disorderly Conduct for Obstructing an Officer by Not Showing ID. This incident, while closely related to the police harassment at HyVee from several months earlier, was also video recorded (like the first) in the...
  4. Reverend BCal

Roll Call for St. Joe Meet n' Greet 6/11

I'll be there with my lady! I've got several new potentials excited about joining us, too...potentially. Remember... June 11th, 4 pm. Boudreaux's Louisiana Seafood 224 N. 4th Street St. Joseph, MO 64501 Just MapQuest it for simple directions. Any questions at all, just FB or PM me. Hope you...
  5. Reverend BCal

St. Joseph for the next KC Area Meet 'n Greet?

Is anyone opposed to coming to St. Joseph for the next get together? I think it'd really do us some good to show the local law enforcement that we aren't confrontational, that we know our rights and that we're here to stay!
  6. Reverend BCal

Harassed By St. Joe PD

Let's see how I can condense this without leaving anything out... Yesterday my girlfriend and I were shopping at HyVee, minding our own business in the dairy aisle, when St. Joe PD Officer Friendlypants came up from behind and asked to see my ID. I politely asked him if I was doing anything...
  7. Reverend BCal

Terry v. Ohio...a little clarification, please.

I have read through several different sources as to how Terry v. Ohio relates to our rights as citizens in a police encounter. The problem I keep running into is determining how this prevents an officer from removing a weapon and "frisking" an armed citizen under the guise of officer safety when...
  8. Reverend BCal

Friendly Encounter in St. Joseph!!!

imported post I was sitting at a local eatery (The First Ward House) with my mother and my Glock. As we walked in, she recognized a two local LEOs sitting on the opposite side of the restaurant. They were off duty. Immediately she lets me know that they're already giving dirty looks my way and...
  9. Reverend BCal

Private Handgun Transfer

imported post HEY, everybody! Quick question. I want to buy a handgun from a friend of mine, and have never done a private transfer. Does Missouri require that I provide him with a "permit" or permission slip from the Sherriff? Do I just need to document heavily? I'm not sure if he registered...
  10. Reverend BCal

My First Time

imported post Alrighty, so I'm getting ready toOC for the first time (it will be in St. Joe) and I think I've done a pretty good job of brushing up on local law, determining how I will deal with confrontation from LEO's/public, and planning my daily destinations. But--as to be expected--I'm...
  11. Reverend BCal

Possession/carrying under the age of 21

imported post I'm 20 years old, and I'm about to legally come into the possession of a handgun. I currently reside in Delaware, but am moving back to my hometown in Missouri come November, and they're both OC states (Delaware's a little more understanding, as far as preemption's concerned)...
  12. Reverend BCal

OC in Saint Joseph

imported post I'm curious if anyone (including the other two known reps from Pony Express-land) can tell me what areas of Saint Joe I should avoid while OCing... ...I'm almost 21, and the first thing I'm going to do on my birthday is send outmy OOS CCW applicationto Florida (I've had my fair...