• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. HeroHog

$500 NRA life membership till July 31!

$500 NRA life membership will be available through Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) NOW through July 31! That’s $1,000 off the regular price! :banana: Contact Speedy using NRA AT laopencarry.org or your local NRA recruiter.
  2. HeroHog

Raacke could use your thoughts guys.

He might get mad at me for this but our president of LOCAL, Steve Raacke, is on his way in for some serious emergency surgery right now and could use your good thoughts and well wishes.
  3. HeroHog

Open Carrier Kills Unruly Man At Gas Station

http://www.fox8live.com/story/31637050/police-customer-kills-unruly-man-at-mandeville-gas-station No charges filed, shooting appears justified, attacker was going off, attacked obviously armed guy, went for his gun, got shot for it.
  4. HeroHog

Happy Thanksgiving my friends.

Happy Thanksgiving my friends. I hope that this Thanksgiving finds you and yours safe, warm, fed and well. We stand together for our Constitution and our brothers and sisters and support each other for that is who we are or at least should strive to be.
  5. HeroHog

The November LOCAL Newsletter is out!

The Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) has posted its monthly newsletter which includes a list of meetings scheduled around the state for this month as well as a list of gun shows and more! The latest newsletter is here: http://laopencarry.org/newsletters/newsletter1511.pdf The...
  6. HeroHog

The October LOCAL Newsletter is out!

The Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) has posted its monthly newsletter which includes a list of meetings scheduled around the state for this month as well as a list of gun shows and more! The latest newsletter is here: http://laopencarry.org/newsletters/newsletter1510.pdf The...
  7. HeroHog

Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League new address

LOCAL has an new snail-mail address: Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League P.O. Box 4269 Shreveport, LA 71134-4269
  8. HeroHog

The September LOCAL Newsletter is out!

The Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) has posted its monthly newsletter which includes a list of meetings scheduled around the state for this month as well as a list of gun shows and more! The latest newsletter is here: http://laopencarry.org/newsletters/newsletter1509.pdf The...
  9. HeroHog

Open carry a 1911

My New Balance 801's are my Go-To shoes these days.
  10. HeroHog

Open carry a 1911

As to "How you look," by that I mean, if ya are wearing camo or BDu's and ya aren't active military, ya are not going to make a very good impression and will set off more than a few perception "alarms." Same goes for pants hanging around yer knees, "wife beater" T's with yer ball cap turned...
  11. HeroHog

I hate the gun industry

Yup! Can't do anything with any other guns! Ruger 22/45 FULL of Volquartsen goodies! Kel-Tec SUB2000 9mm (uses S&W Model 59 mags) High-Point 9mm 995TS Carbine PS: These are mine that I modded myself at home for low bucks... THIS I machined and welded this wire-folding .22LR myself just...
  12. HeroHog

The August LOCAL Newsletter is out!

The Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) has posted its monthly newsletter which includes a list of meetings scheduled around the state for this month as well as a list of gun shows and more! The latest newsletter is here: http://laopencarry.org/newsletters/newsletter1508.pdf The...
  13. HeroHog

More die in a "Target Rich Environment." AKA, a "Gun Free Zone."

More die in a "Target Rich Environment." AKA, a "Gun Free Zone." This time in my home town of Lafayette, LA by a 59 year old drifter from Alabama... :banghead: http://www.thegrandtheatre.com/corporate?tab=about Under the Conduct Tab: "OUR THEATRE PROHIBITS... Possession of firearms or weapons...
  14. HeroHog

Court Rules Walmart Shareholders Cannot Infringe on Customers’s 2nd Amendment Rights

- See more at: http://constitutionalrightspac.com/articles/court-rules-walmart-shareholders-cannot-infringe-on-customers-s-2nd-amendment-rights#sthash.6zp61H0f.dpuf
  15. HeroHog

The July LOCAL Newsletter is out!

The Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) has posted its monthly newsletter which includes a list of meetings scheduled around the state for this month as well as a list of gun shows and more! I apologize for the delay in getting this out and there is an explanation in the newsletter as...
  16. HeroHog

OC encounter

I miss VA because there we carried in the State Capitol building! Me being interviewed for the TV news after giving my two cents before the legislature with the VCDL who were there for "Lobby Day." Yes, I am armed in that shot. PS: When I Open Carried, I usually carried this in a horizontal...
  17. HeroHog

The June LOCAL Newsletter is out!

The Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) has posted its monthly newsletter which includes a list of meetings scheduled around the state for this month as well as a list of gun shows and more! The newsletters are now distributed as PDF files only to make them easier to read by pretty...
  18. HeroHog

The Only Gunmaker to Own Now

While I absolutely LOVE my S&W Model 10-8 and Model 59 my Ruger and even my Kel-Tec's are great guns in their own right. Sales numbers could be driven by Police or other government contracts and don't mean everything when it comes to gun quality. What model is the biggest seller and who is...
  19. HeroHog

The May LOCAL Newsletter is out!

The Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) has posted its monthly newsletter which includes a list of meetings scheduled around the state for this month as well as a list of gun shows and more! The newsletters are now distributed as PDF files only to make them easier to read by pretty...
  20. HeroHog

There is a new forum rule governing avatars

When this popped up in my email notifications I thought it was a NEW rule! LOL! Oh well. At least my avatar has pants now. I found the picture on the old Spumco website YEARS ago and never knew anything about him. I called him HeroHog and adopted that as my screen name on some forums. I later...