• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

Drive-By Media: Who needs those candy-ass NRA dudes when we got the CCDL?

There's Hartford Advocate blog posting mentioning the Connecticut Citizens Defense League, the NRA, and the proposed "high capacity" magazine ban. Drive-By Media: Who needs those candy-ass NRA dudes when we got the CCDL...
  2. B

Carrying Handguns In State Parks Or Forests - 2010-R-0472

If any one's interested there is now an OLR research report on carrying handguns in a state park or forest. Carrying Handguns In State Parks Or Forests - 2010-R-0472 http://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0472.htm
  3. B

Conn. GOP AG candidate wants gun training for kids

imported post Going to be an interesting race for the AG slot in CT. http://www.newhavenregister.com/articles/2010/06/22/news/doc4c201101565a6539421373.txt
  4. B

Man Legally Carrying Gun (OC) Robbed at Gunpoint

imported post This is from Wisconsin which is OC only. Robbed previously, carries gun, gets robbed again. More situational awareness is needed, among other things, probably.
  5. B

Digital audio recorder in pocket earns man wiretapping charges

imported post I know that some folks, likeat least one guy in Virgina,like to carry digital recorders/cameras to tape encounters with LEO's so they have evidence after the incident. Does anyone here in CT carry a recording device to record incounters with LEO? If so would you, or do you inform...
  6. B

Transfering a handgun from out of state family member to one in state

imported post Has anyone ever received or transferred a handgun to or from a family member, say a father or mother who lives out of state when you live in Connecticut? Basically I’m trying to find out if there are provisions (I haven’t found one yet) that allows say a father or mother who no...